Chapter 24

Alex was eager to leave the Hunting Ground, but now that he did, he wants to go back there.

What happened to him was so sudden and unexpected that his reaction slows down.

When the little girl flashed in front of him, deflects the arrows for him, shoot her sword towards the Archer who he did not even see the face, and finally, grabbing and flung him out of the Transfer Point, even Alex heavily crashed onto the coarse ground and rolls few times before stopping, he was still in daze.

It was not until a stranger helps him to sat up that reason came back in his system.

The Transfer Point within the Hunting Ground was only one. But that does not mean that the Transfer Point outside the Hunting Ground was also only one. In fact, they were at least six Transfer Point scattered throughout the Guild's territory in the Western side of Edelweiss.

If the wavelength of the Transfer Point within the Hunting Ground was what matters in able to leave, the location inscribed along with the wavelength converted into a Magic Circle acting as a barcode, determines if where a person might appear once done crossing.

Each Pass has the same wavelength, yes. But the location differs to where one purchased the Pass.

It just so happens that Valdez and his brothers purchased the Passes in the outskirts of Melock Square, while the other Mercenaries, well, who knows. It also acts as a blessing in disguise since Valdez and Alex's enemies weren't around the area.

As for those fellow Mercenaries' hatred, Alex was certain that those men were already snitched them to others. Some might also started to mobilize their group in order to kill them. Searching each Transfer Point.

More importantly, the mastermind behind the abduction surely will not let them off, granting that both he and Valdez, especially Valdez, as the leader of their group who knows a lot, would be a living proof and a solid evidence to that person's grave crime.

Who would want such variable?

Time is running. Even though the distance between each Transfer Point were several hundreds away from each other, even traveling by carriage will take a week to reach the other Point, which was done deliberately by the Guild itself for who-knows what reason, it was still better if he and those three leave the Guild's territory, Axion, and go back to the Central as soon as possible.

Taking refuge and be protected by the Empire's law is within reach considering he and Valdez were associated with the little girl.

"Fuck! I must go back!"

Alex feels that he really must go back. Immediately. But how? How could he go back when the only Pass he had was already used? He has no budget to buy one, either.

Pass was a one-time consumable. Once used, it'll disappear. Alex's entry Pass was just purchased by the person who recruits him. While the Pass he used to leave, was of course, from Valdez.

That's how poor he was.

Still, Alex was eager to go back. Even if he had to steal a Pass, he would do so. His conscience poking him. He knew that since the time the little girl flung him out the Hunting Ground, the effect of the contract became completely invalid. Whether the little girl dies or lives, it wouldn't affect him whatsoever.

But that's more a reason he was eager to go back. Go back and help the little girl survive, then leave that place along with that annoying Knight and his fellow 'traitor' of a Mercenary.

While Alex was pulling his hair out of frustration on what to do, a heavy something falling onto the ground followed by painful groans subconsciously made him look over to the source of those sounds. And what greets Alex makes his pupils constrict.