Chapter 12

Rosalie, Rusty, Vrylle, along with the 4th Prince, Zari, who was again stuck like a gum to her, and the Crown Prince's company, Zayvion, these five people were now in the Imperial Garden after borrowing some books in the library, supposedly enjoying the view of fragrant and beautiful flowers.

Rosalie, indeed, enjoying herself with the Crown Prince's company, but not Vrylle.

If she ever knew that the Crown Prince was such a dangerous man, she will gladly let Rosalie greet Rai back then and even stalling the time.

But what was the point of her grumbling? That event had already passed, and it was because of her own negligence that she had missed such crucial detail. She only focuses about history and Adventurers' information, then neglected about the people themselves.

Vrylle pushed aside the possibilities of encountering other nobles and royalties while she's still within their range. The probability of her encountering these people more often was high since her family was at the highest in the peerage system.

A Ducal House.

The Duke's beloved and only daughter.

To blur that image, she had to patiently wait until her coming-of-age arrives. That was when she will take a new and very different path than that of a typical noble lady.

Again. Vrylle does not want a life where people had a say to what she would say and do, acting against her will. That was why she badly wants to cut ties with such environment.

Vrylle also had a feeling that Ezra and Everett will soon be given no choice but to agree in one of those so many marriage proposals that still continuing to pile up.

She must find a way to prevent that thing to happen.

While Vrylle was drowning to her train of thought, the young Prince, Zari, was only silently watching her with confusion, sitting on her lap while Vrylle's arms wrapped securely around his small figure. Vrylle then was sitting on a bench, and Rusty was quietly standing by her side, guarding her.

As Vrylle's personal Knight, Rusty knew just how deep her thoughts had already traveled. And it was all started since Her Ladyship met the Crown Prince.

Her vigilance toward the Prince was obvious, which he wondered why.

"...I was wondering if she's innocent or just simply stupid."

Vrylle suddenly spat out after an hour of pure silence, which made Rusty flinched. When the Knight followed where Vrylle was looking at, he saw she was looking at her friend, Rosalie, whose smiling brightly while talking to the Crown Prince in the other side of the flowerbed.

"Say, what was your first impression when you met the Crown Prince?"

Asked Vrylle, her eyes were fixated on Rosalie and did not bother to spare Rusty a glance.

"An admirable person. The Crown Prince also had an intimidating Aura radiating off him, which an heir of a throne must have."

Rusty answered in his utmost honesty, his eyes now focused back on her.

"...I see."

The short response made Rusty confused, as if his answer weren't enough, or maybe something was missing. When he turned back his attention to where Vrylle was looking, he jolted in surprise when he saw the Crown Prince was looking at him, smiling pleasantly. However, when he looked back at the little girl, a frown and displeasure on her face were visible.

What does Her Ladyship felt to be that vigilant to the Crown Prince? Such question popped out from his head.

"Brother isn't a bad brother. Please, Sister, don't hate him!"