Chapter 11

Losing consciousness every time her body underwent changes displeases Vrylle very much.

The three times her consciousness drifted away was all because Phantom had to do something on her unconscious body, which she wondered if it was all necessary for her to faint and feel unbearable pain every time.

In that regard, the moment she has woken up, Vrylle grumbled and protested to Phantom inside her head about such matter, though the little girl knew her protest were all in vain.

Fortunately this time, Vrylle had only lost consciousness for about an hour. What also good news was that she had completed all the Attributes, and also acquired a skill, at that.

However, though, what she did not expect was to have an earful from Merida, especially Rusty, scolding her about this thing and that thing she did.

After quietly listening to their lectures, Vrylle's chest felt warm and ticklish. She knew that their concern weren't really directed to her, but for the real one. Still, she can't help but feel happy knowing how worried they were.

Containing her emotions at bay, she then persuaded and insisted the two to let what happened a secret. Even asking Rosalie the same.

The little girl just didn't want to worry the people who care for her. Especially the overreacting Ezra and Everett.

When things were settled, they departed the training ground and went back to the Auburne Estate since Vrylle had to change her clothes first before going to the Imperial Library.

If she just didn't promise Rosalie to visit the library together, the little girl want again to reschedule the appointment.

She was tired, though it wasn't because of the trainings.

Vrylle didn't know what Phantom had done this time, for her to feel so exhausted. She also wanted to show how exhausted she felt, but her face and moves didn't really match what she feels. Instead, her face looked refreshed, and her moves were light, a contrast to the exhaustion she feels inside.

Feeling deceived by Phantom, Vrylle reluctantly boarded the carriage with Rosalie and Rusty, going their way to the appointed place.

Unexpectedly, their ride in the Imperial Library was smooth. Rosalie, as usual, talked too much. She kept talking from the moment they left the Estate, then kept talking even though they finally arrived at the place.

All those talking Rosalie did made Vrylle even more exhausted, mentally. The frown on her dolly face became visible that even Rusty, on the side, felt sorry for her.

Truth be told, even the Knight himself felt exhausted just by listening to Rosalie.

All this time, Rusty just steadily guarding Her Ladyship and her friend, walking along behind them. He remained silent just like Vrylle while reluctantly listening to Rosalie's story about the handsome Crown Prince.

Rosalie said she had met the rumored Crown Prince the last time she visited the library. What was exciting in that was the Prince and Rosalie talked about the book they accidentally picked at the same time on the shelf. And that was when they agreed to meet again, same time and place.

While Vrylle was listening to Rosalie, she clearly pictured the cliche first meeting of the heroine and her male lead, made her frowning face frowned even deeper.

If by any chance in this world Rosalie became the heroine of her own story, and the Crown Prince indeed her leading man, Vrylle will be rooting for them, even giving her so-called friend a push if the kid needed.

Vrylle just simply wasn't interested in any romantic things, for now, that is. She had her own path that she already paved, and her focus was all in there.