"Woah, sweetie. What are you doing?" Doctor Paige interrupted worriedly.

Confused I turned around, staring at her frowning face. Was it that weird I cleaned up the target?

Janson chuckled. "Does she talk?"

"Janson." Doctor Paige warned. She gave him a stern glance. "Easy."

I swallowed and took the arrows out of the target anyways. Janson gave me a bad feeling.. his energy made me feel weak. And I didn't like it.

"I can talk," I confirmed quietly.

"I was hoping that." He replied. "Can you draw too?"

"I'm six years old, what do you think?" I blurted out, snapping. "My fantasy is bigger than your brain."

He gave me a very nasty glance, then cleared his throat. "Good. Because we will need some fantasy for this."

Doctor Paige told us she had other work to do, so she left, and Janson took me into the room Doctor Paige had described as the design room.

Pencils, pens, and markers were stocked all over the place, and there was a small, wooden table in the middle of it all. It was like a little girl's dream, except Janson kind of ruined it.

He commanded me to sit down on the chair as he shoved a white paper in front of my nose. "Alright. What you're gonna do is... you're gonna draw a monster. Not a dragon, or spider, no, a real monster."

"How?" I peeped.

"We've been thinking ourselves, but we need your fantasy that's apparently bigger than my brain to get into action. Mix animals together, and make it look scary."

I took a ragged breath. "How scary?"

"Scary enough to give older people nightmares," Janson stated. "As I said, we've been thinking. Let it have a weird stinger... some sort of syringe. Also, a long tail that can hit targets, and spikes on the back."

"Why do you need me to draw it if you know the description so well already?" I sighed quietly.

He grunted. "Because we don't know what it has to look like! Okay? All we know is that it has a stinger, tail, and spikes. Now draw."

I nodded quickly and obeyed, not wanting him to yell at me more than he already did.

It all went surprisingly fast... and good. The body was slimy and green, like a slug. It had four mechanical legs and a robotic tail at the end, since Janson told me to add that. Both the tail and the legs made it look like a spider, or scorpion. The face was made according to a bug, but thousands of times scarier. The creature had dozens of teeth. And lastly, the stinger, which was attached to one of the legs. 

Janson stared at the sketch for a few good seconds. Slowly his face lit up, and his weird grin grew again. "Perfect." He complimented. "On with the next thing."

It was quite tiring to work all day, but I listened and followed Janson to the 'special operation room'. It was way lighter in there than in other rooms. The walls were white, there was a chair with all sizes of wires attached to it, a table, and two more chairs next to the table.

"What's that for?" I blurted out, pointing at the wired chair.

The grin stuck onto Janson's face. "You'll see... sometime."
I didn't say anything else and followed him to sit at the table.

"Okay, kid." Janson started. "You know about the chip we inserted.. and this is how it's gonna work. In a minute you'll close your eyes and focus on your mind. Try searching for beeps. I'll explain the rest of it later, alright?"

"Alright." I nodded. It made me nervous as hell, especially since I had no idea what the beeps were for and how to find them.

I closed my eyes, only seeing blackness and hearing Janson's quiet breaths. I focused on my mind, as he said, and tried to look for something.

It was there, but blocked by a thick wall. I tried to break through it... it tickled the back of my brain. The world around me soon completely disappeared, and all I had attention to hearing the beeps. And not long after, I did.

"I hear it," I whispered. It sounded the same as the beeps of a heart monitor.

"How many?"

I concentrated on them again. "Too much to count. After about ten seconds they stop, wait two seconds, and then repeat. Some are louder than others."

"Very well," Janson said, his voice full of victory. "Listen to the beeps well, and try to, I know it sounds weird, but try to imagine a picture with the beeps."

I had no idea what he meant by that, but tried anyways. Maybe I didn't even want to find out what the wired chair did.

Then it just came automatically... a picture of a map. It was the United States, with dozens of yellow dots on it. "I see it."

"Good." He responded. "Tell me where you see the dots. Every single one of them."

And so I did. They were all over the country, so it took a while. As I talked it sounded like Janson wrote it down. Once I was done, I opened my eyes.

"You did great." He complimented again. "Get some rest now. Tomorrow is a big, and busy day."