037

"This way!" Astrid showed the exact way Thomas had explained to us. We ran fast, not noticing that people started to surround us, until a gunshot went off. "Woah!"

I looked around me. At least five guys circled us, one with a gun in their hands. They all looked ugly and dirty, maybe even cranky. "Stay behind me," I commanded to my sister.

She resisted at first, but eventually secretly walked further away as my mind was spinning. I smiled lightly when I realized my old method of fighting; flirting.. though these were quite strong guys. I held my hands up in the air, staring at one of them seductively.

"Get on your knees." One of them commanded.

I turned to him, moving my hair out of my face. "I'm sorry, sir. But I'm afraid I can't do things like that with... a crowd." I paused and looked around. "WICKED or Lawrence?"

"Lawrence." One replied. "Who are you?"

"I'm afraid if I tell you, things won't end well." I fake pouted, mentally cringing at myself. "For us both."

"On your back it says you're property of w.c.k.d." Another one spoke up.

"I'm property of someone else." I corrected.

A younger guy moved closer to me. His hair was messy, his face dirty, and his clothes ripped.

"Gentlemen, I think there's a misunderstanding. Normally you should let me go or you would've killed me already."

"You're worth too much." The younger one grumbled as he took handcuffs out of his pocket. I raised my eyebrows and held out my hands easily, looking him right in the eyes.

He took a breath and struggled to open the cuffs. "In a hurry?" I chuckled.

"Shut up." He snapped.

I smirked lightly, keeping my eyes on him. He looked at my bare wrists, ready to lock them together, until he saw the words on my wrists.

'Murderer' and 'The Creator'.

"You see that?" I whispered.

He stared up at me, eyes slowly fading into fear.
"Are you a murderer?"

I smiled. "Are you?"

Confused he stared at me.
"Hey, kid! We don't have all day!" An older man yelled. He nodded and got ready to cuff me, which I took as a sign.

I pulled the cuffs out of his hands and twisted his arm just to hear a quick crack. Men screamed and jumped forward right away.

I sighed and started fighting. The younger boy already ran off. The one with the gun was about to shoot me, but I easily kicked him in the crotch and pulled the gun out of his hands.

My mind was full on working with tips Holt once told me during a training, which helped me a lot now. One attacked from behind, wrapping his arms around my neck.

I choked for a slight second, but felt a rush of adrenaline fill in me. I elbowed him in the nose and did something I never succeeded during trainings. Let it work, I thought.

I jumped backward, the man let go of me fast, knowing he would end up on the ground if he stayed behind me. And right before I hit the stone myself, one of my arms caught me. The gun was still tightly in my other hand. My feet moved over my head, forming a back handspring.

I gasped quietly when I did it, but soon focused on the gun in my hands. I shot a man right in the stomach, blood spatting everywhere. He fell to the ground while I was already busy with two other guys.