𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓧𝓘𝓘𝓘

Start from the beginning

Among the chaos, Hange stepped forward to take charge. With their quick thinking, they directed Stella to the infirmary to tend to her injuries and find some respite. The young recruit was fortunate to have survived the mission.

Outside the walls of the headquarters, the political landscape was changing rapidly. The expenses and casualties from the ill-fated mission were more than enough for the opposition factions to discredit those who supported the Survey Corps. The decision-makers in the capital, far removed from the frontlines, were quick to point fingers at the Commander and his team.

Summoned to the capital, Commander Erwin found himself standing before the high-ranking officials, defending his actions and the purpose of the expedition. Eren Jaeger had been the focal point of the mission. Now, he was to be handed over, as per the demands of the government.

Amidst the turmoil, Stella's condition remained a concern for all. Her injuries were severe, and her recovery would take time. Her situation was put on standby, at least until she was well enough to face the consequences of the mission. 

Estella's POV :

As I felt the pain shoot through my body, I opened my eyes and everything around me seemed blurred. I frowned and tried to straighten up.

" You're awake ! How are you feeling, love ?". Said a familiar voice.

I looked at the person in front of me before rubbing my eyes to see more clearly.

" Hange. What happened ?". I asked, trying to recall the events that led to this moment.

Hange sighed with relief," You have been attacked by the Female Titan, do you remember anything ?".

My eyes widened when she mentioned the Female Titan. The memories started rushing back - the terrifying roar, the thundering footsteps, and the destruction it left in its wake.

" How are the Squad ? And Draco ?". I inquired worriedly, noticing the bandage on my forehead as I touched it gently.

" Easy, love. Your friend, Draco, he is fine. He is with Commander Erwin for now, undergoing training with Levi. As for the Squad...". Hange hesitated, and a shadow of sorrow crossed her face.

Draco ? Training ? Well, that's something I would like to see, I thought, momentarily distracted by the idea.

But seeing Hange's hesitation, I frowned," Please, tell me".

" I'm sorry. But they're all dead, except for Oluo". Hange told me sternly.

I think I froze for a few minutes, unable to comprehend the news. Unconsciously, I grabbed the brooch Petra had bought me before we set off on the expedition. As I felt the cold metal under my fingers, tears welled up in my eyes, and I looked down at my duvet, my vision blurred with tears.

" I couldn't save them...". I muttered.

I felt a hand on my head before I was pulled into an embrace. And as I felt the warmth and movement in my hair, as if trying to reassure me, my tears could do nothing but flow.

" It's okay, love. I'm sure they know that you did everything that you could to save them. Besides, it's not possible to save everyone. Joining the Survey Corps, it's accepting that some of our comrades saying goodbye to us earlier than we want... 

But as long as we continue to fight, they're not completely dead, and they didn't die in vain". Hange said, their voice soothing and understanding.

I nodded, taking a long breath to try to calm myself," Thank you, Hange".

" Of course, don't worry". Hange replied as they patted my head one last time.

My gaze then landed on some flowers that had been put there.