𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓥𝓘𝓘

The next day, the sun rose over the horizon, painting the field in warm hues as we gathered to discuss the impending expedition. The Captain stood a little away from the group, deep in thought, his horse nearby. 

Oluo, looking a bit fatigued, let out a yawn while the rest of us huddled around a large map spread out on the ground, marking the formation for the mission ahead. Gunther, as always, took charge and began explaining the plan to everyone.

" We, the special-ops squad, will be positioned here in the center of the rear, on standby". Gunther announced with a firm tone.

" That's quite far back". Eren chimed in, his curiosity piqued.

" It's the safest position in this formation, even safer than where the supply wagons are located. But keep in mind, we don't have a specific objective this time. This expedition is more of a test run before we head to Shiganshina District". Gunther explained, his voice carrying the weight of experience.

Eren's uneasiness was evident as he confessed," Um, I have no idea what to do with this power yet".

I smiled warmly, trying to ease his worries," It's okay, Eren. Mastering your abilities takes time and practice. Many of us had to go through the same uncertainty when we started with our magic. You'll find your way".

Eren's grateful gaze met mine, but Gunther quickly interjected, wanting to stay focused on the task at hand.

" Did any of you truly understand the meaning behind the Commander's question earlier ?". Gunther asked, seeking insight from the team.

" I'm not entirely sure". I replied, my brows furrowing.

I think I grasped the gist of it, but there might be some details I'm missing.

Eren, looking genuinely curious, turned to the others, asking," Did any of you understand ?".

" No". Eld responded promptly, and Petra silently shook her head in agreement.

" I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure". Oluo's voice trailed off, indicating his uncertainty.

Gunther then stepped in to address our concerns," This operation might have another hidden objective that the Commander chose not to disclose. Our focus should be on executing the mission without a hitch. We must trust in the Commander's judgment".

Eren nodded, a determined expression crossing his face," Yes, sir".

" Of course". I added in agreement.

" Alright, this concludes today's training. Prepare to head back". Gunther declared, concluding our discussion for the day.

As Gunther's orders were obeyed, we made our way back to our horses, ready to rest and prepare for the expedition that loomed on the horizon. 

When I rode back, the weariness from last night's arduous tasks for Snape weighed heavily on me. The memory of the long list of spells to master and potions to brew made me sigh involuntarily. It was evident that Snape was furious when he had assigned me the daunting workload.

With the limited time I had, I had no choice but to labor through the night, sacrificing precious sleep. Just as I was succumbing to drowsiness, a hand gently rested on my head, causing me to startle. I turned my head to find Eren standing there, his face adorned with a mischievous grin.

" You look exactly how I feel after listening to Squad Leader Hange the night before". He quipped, his voice laced with amusement.

I chuckled in response, appreciating the lighthearted moment," Believe me, I'd much rather listen to their tales of Titans than endure all the work Snape assigned me".