Notes

Welcome to Affinity, a Xiao x Reader oneshots book (kind of)! This one is a little interesting, so let me explain.

I already knew I wanted to write a book of oneshots for Xiao (because I'm extremely extremely biased towards him), so I started brainstorming ideas for a bunch of oneshots. While doing so, I came across the song Immortal by Reinaeiry (featured at the top!) and became so inspired I had to write this. (That song makes me cry every time!!)

The premise of this book is that there is an overarching story of Xiao remembering all of the many lives you spent with him, losing you each time to fate. Each oneshot is one of those lives, and you can read through every lifetime you spent together.

If you want to read it as a full story, you can read every part! If you'd rather just see it as a book of oneshots, then you can just read the chapters titled with "The..." and ignore any chapters titled with "And..."

This book has kind of been my baby for a while and I've put a lot of time into it, so I really hope you enjoy!!

I will be dual uploading this with my other book, The Corrupt Vision, so until that's finished, you will get either a oneshot or a follow-up chapter every Sunday. Once I get on a normal upload schedule though, you'll get a oneshot every Friday and a follow-up chapter every Saturday!

If you want the Spotify playlist I made and listened to while writing this so you can get the full vibe, here's the link! There are a lot of Reinaeiry songs because so many fit what I was going for. Let me know if the playlist doesn't work or has any issues.

https://spotify.link/3aWG5bw84Db

I will also put a song from the playlist at the start of every chapter to kind of match the feel of each chapter.

Also fair warning, I actually cried many times while I was writing this so beware. It's not ALL angst, I promise. There's a good amount of fluff and cuteness too, but there is also a lot of angst.

Also I hate that Wattpad makes covers low quality every time so the high quality cover version of the cover I made for this book is pictured above!

With that out of the way, I hope you all enjoy!! <3