Perks of being Mr. Hazel's Favorite

MIA

Hustle here. Bustle there. Everyone is rushing everywhere. The theatre room is a mess. Well, not for long. Everyone is arranging the sets and props for tomorrow, running light checks, and sound checks. Everyone is doing something except me. I'm just sitting in the middle of all this mess, looking at everyone. Me and Devine are just sitting here and chilling. Mr. Hazel's order. The stars are to 'Sit back and relax'. Well, Devine is the star, not I. But the PERKS OF BEING MR. HAZEL'S FAVORITE.

I just texted Kian and am waiting for his reply. It has been exactly a week since he came back into my life. A week of living under the same roof as Kian, but not seeing him a lot. The last time we spent time together was last Saturday. He was mine for the whole day. Then things changed, starting from Sunday. He had meetings on Sunday and tons of work. He's not home most of the time, and when he is, he is working in his office. He kisses me and holds me when he sees me. But that's it; nothing more. He does make small talk, but that's it; nothing more. I had nightmares the first few nights, and he made sure to hold me and calm me down, and then put me back to sleep. But he wasn't there when I woke up. He comes home late at night. I don't sleep until he's home. I just pretend that I'm asleep in my bed when he comes home. Each night when he comes back from work, he visits my room and sighs when he finds me sleeping while I smile in my head, relieved that he's here. Then he slowly walks up to my bed, leans down, caresses my face, and kisses my forehead before leaving.

He goes to college twice a week. He's majoring in business and marketing. I know it's really difficult for him to balance his education with the Mafia, but he's such a responsible and hard-working person. He wakes up early in the morning, earlier than me, and works out 5 times a week. Of course, he has a personal gym too. And well, he has a goddamn hot body. Those abs and toned muscles are to die for. He must be having girls chasing him everywhere he goes. 

He told me that he never dated anyone after me, just one-night stands. 'No one is as gorgeous as you to catch my interest', he had said. I inwardly rolled my eyes. Honestly, that gave me butterflies. I do get butterflies whenever he touches me, kisses me, or even says words like that. But, I'm so confused. I never dated anyone after Kian, either. And now, I do want him, and it feels right too. But, what if he leaves me again? 

Last Saturday, we talked. He confessed the reason why he left me three years ago. He told me with the Mafia stuff going on, he was scared that one day I would find out about it, and it would scare me. He told me he did not want me involved in this dangerous world; he didn't want to risk my life. Ironic, now I am in this world, and my life IS at risk. And, I absolutely hate that Kian takes the blame on himself for that. He is working so hard just to keep safe. And I appreciate that. If he would maybe take just a little time off work, and spend some time with me, I would appreciate that very much as well. But, it's okay. 

My phone buzzes, indicating a text notification. Hurriedly, I check it to find a text from Kian. I open it. 

Kian: That meeting just ended. Can I call you right now?

Me: Yeah, sure.

In less than a second, I receive Kian's call and pick up in an instant. 

[Hi, baby.] comes his husky voice.

"Hey," I breathe.

[You have been texting me since morning. You're such a naughty girl, Mia. Not paying attention in classes and texting your boyfriend instead, hmm] He chuckles.

I scoff. "Stop. I don't have classes today because the show is tomorrow and the theatre crew is preparing for that." 

[Okay. My bad, sweetheart. So you guys are what, rehearsing?]