"Kian"

MIA

The sound of bolting bullets and screeching tires comes from behind. I turn my head and catch a glimpse of black SUVs right behind us and a few arms sticking out, holding guns and aiming at us. Before I could see more, he pulls me down to his lap.

"You wanna get killed? Stay low." He spits before sticking his arms out of the window, holding the gun, and starts shooting at the black cars.  I watch him with horror and disbelief. I find David doing the same. I realize that the driver was driving really fast and that we were no longer on the familiar path. Everything was seeming to blur. More gunshots. Eventually, I lay down on the seat and curl into a ball. I try focusing on my breathing, but it's useless. I am waiting for this to be over; to wake up from this ridiculous dream and never revisit it. I dig my nails into the flesh of my arms; I do feel a slight stinging pain. I still don't wake up. Nothing is making sense, so it has got to be a dream. But then why does everything seem so real? More gunshots. And these gunshots just won't stop which is driving me crazy. Why?

Suddenly, everything comes to a standstill. The car has come to a halt. No more gunshots. No more yelling. 

"Mia," he whispers. I'm still curled up in a ball. He lifts me up and places me on his lap. I bury my face into his chest, and he instantly wraps his arms around me protectively. I need him; I need his comfort. 

"You're safe, Mia. They're gone." He speaks softly, running a hand through my hair.

"Kian?" I speak in a shaky voice with my head still buried in his chest. He releases what seems like a sigh of relief.

"Yes, dear?" comes his response. I can tell that he has a smile on his face.

I lift my face from his chest and look straight into his eyes as I speak "Kian, are you okay?"

"Baby, I'm beyond okay now that you're sitting on my lap, cuddled in my arms." He teases me with a smirk.

"Shut up and take me home." I glare at him.

"Yes, ma'am." He teases me again and then tilts his head to the driver and commands, "You heard her. Start driving." The car starts moving again at a normal pace. Kian is staring at me with a smile. I'm doing the same but without a smile and a frown instead. 

"Kian, what was that?" I ask. He hangs his head low. He's clearly stressed but I need explanations. He can't leave me clueless. 

"I know there's a lot I need to explain, and I promise that I will once we're home. Okay, baby?" He speaks softly. I nod. He smiles and cups my face. He kisses my forehead which catches me off-guard, and my eyes widen in surprise. My reaction makes him chuckle, and he kisses my nose, afterward brushing our noses together. I can tell that I'm blushing really hard by now. 

"Ugh, stop!" I groan while getting off his lap. David chuckles, earning a glare from Kian. Kian's eyes then settle on me with hurt filling them. I can't do this.

He broke my heart 3 years ago.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you're liking it so far. Please vote, share, and comment.