Psychotic

MIA

"Who would've thought that you, Kian Nikitin, would be the Mafia boss." I mutter. He chuckles. 

"Who would've thought..." He trails off, staring at a particular point in the room, I don't know where. He seems unhappy, and so tired. Reluctantly, I lift my hands to cup his face, which causes him to snap his attention back to me. 

"Are you not happy...with this life?" I ask.

"Initially, I wasn't. But later on, it gave me strength and power and a sense of security. I know that I'll be risking my life, but I also know that I'll survive. That's what I've been trained for. And I have you." He kisses the side of my palm. "I have a purpose. To protect you. To give you all the joys of the world. Since I've got money, I can do that as well." He smirks while I roll my eyes at him. "Oh right. You're not money-minded. You want passion and adventure. You don't want a boring life." He speaks with amusement in his eyes.

"You remember," I whisper.

"Each and everything." He whispers. So, I'm not the only one who remembers every word, every moment, everything that happened 3 years ago. 

"Okay, time for a house tour." Once again, the enthusiasm is back in his voice as he grabs my hand and leads me to, I don't know where. 

"But I have questions." I protest.

"Yes, and they'll be answered while I show you around." He continues walking. "This is the living room. Obviously." He speaks while taking me away from the living room.

 Before, he was walking me towards the staircase but now he's walking me away from the staircase and towards a hallway. 

"I was going to take you straight to your new room, but I decided to show you the kitchen while we're on this floor." My doubts are cleared when say this. 

"This is the dining area." He leads me into a room with a floor-to-ceiling window and a lavish wooden dining table in the middle of the room. A crystal chandelier, similar to the one in the living room, just a little smaller, hangs above the dining table. Then, Kian leads me to the kitchen.

"This is the kitchen." He nudges. "Dana. You've already met her." He points at Dana who smiles at me, and I return the smile.

"If you need anything," Dana speaks up, "anything at all, just call for me." I nod. "Thanks."

Kian then leads me upstairs and then stops in front of a door. 

"This is...our room." He says before opening the door. "What?" My brows furrow as I snap. 

"Relax. This is my room. Yours is right there. Just in front of mine." He points behind his shoulder, and I tilt my neck to see another door right in front of this room. "Though I would love to share a room with you." He mutters under his breath. I ignore him and enter his room, having a brief look. There's a king-sized bed with black silky sheets and minimal furniture in the room, just like the living room. The curtains are dark grey with dull brown walls. There's a balcony too. As I turn around, my eyes widen, and a gasp escapes my mouth. The wall facing the bed, the one I'm facing right now, has my pictures all over it.  My pictures. Old and new. From when we were together to after we broke up. My candid pictures. My pictures with him. I look back at him to find him leaning on the bed. 

"Why do you have my pictures in your room?" I frown.

"Because I want to." He says nonchalantly. 

"You're such a jerk!" I glare at him as I yell angrily.

"How does that make me a jerk? It's literally my room." He gets off the bed, looking offended.

"Clicking my pictures secretly and hanging them around your house? That doesn't seem very civil. It's how psychotic stalkers act." I spit at him.