𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

_______𒀭𒀮𒀯

_______𒀭𒀮𒀯

𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘
sat in her cell in Arkham Asylum. The dark aura of the place was overwhelming to a person, at first. Though she had grown used to such a feeling.

The sound of lightning cracked outside her barred window. She stood on the tip of her toes to look outside, Gotham City on the horizon. If anything, she had quite a nice view.

But the sounds of a coin flipping from down the hall irritated her. Harvey could never seem to drop the damn thing. And the sound just seemed to grow louder — the only sound along with the continuously roaring thunder outside.

Yet she gazed out the window as she longed for her freedom to reign once again. Away from this god-forsaken house of horror. Surely she could simply escape the place again; as she had the previous six times in the last two years. But the idea left her mind as a roar pierced the air. To Lily, it sounded familiar. The gates to the Asylum opened, and the vehicle drove through the front gate with the utmost authority of the guards. Lily walked to the door of her cell, leaning on it as she looked at the one across from her.

"He's here." She told the woman, who perked her head up at her words. Poison Ivy's face was illuminated by the lights strewn down the halls, staring at her daughter with a neutral look. She didn't say anything in reply as she waited. And Lily could only guess what for.

The doors to the hall opened and Batman stood there with two guards standing behind him. Tension seemed to fill the hall as Batman strode towards them. Lily's heart must have skipped a beat in fear as he stopped in front of her cell. The man had always seemed so intimidating to her, though most people wouldn't expect much of an eleven-year-old child. He opened the door to her cell, lightly grabbing her by the shoulder and guiding her out of the hall.

_______𒀭𒀮𒀯

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 another room. a table with two chairs on each side, most likely one of the treatment rooms. Batman sat her down in one of the chairs before sitting down himself. It was excruciatingly silent for what seemed like forever before he finally budged.

"Do you want to guess as to why I brought you here?"

"Not really. I have a feeling I won't like it." She replied, holding his gaze to show as much as possible that she wasn't afraid. Because everyone knew you can't let your guard down around the great Batman.

"That can go either way. I wanted to offer you something." Lily raised an eyebrow in question, "I wanted to offer you a chance."

"A chance at what, exactly? A chance to give you intel? I don't have much on those rotten scoundrels in there." She pointed with her thumb back toward the direction of the hall, "And whatever I know, you probably found out a long time ago."

"I don't want intel. I want to help you." Lily scoffed at his comment as she leaned back in her chair, folding her arms together while looking up at the ceiling.

"Is this part of your ridiculous code? Help others whenever they can be helped. Or is it 'Screw society, just don't kill people or let people be killed?'" Batman's eyes narrowed under his cowl.

"I know I can help you live a life. A real life. Not the life of you helping your mother terra-form the earth and kill off humanity. That's the goal isn't it?" The girl chuckled before replying.

"The world? That's a bit much don't you think? And why kill everyone? People exist for a reason. If we kill all of them they wouldn't be able to understand their reason for living." She explained to him as her gaze directed from the ceiling to the ground.

"You are half-human. But your mother isn't. Not human like she used to be anyway. She wants to destroy humanity. But even then, why would you want to keep it alive? What's your reason?"

"I don't know." She admitted with a defeated sigh. A disappointed look appeared on her face. She never knew why she cared so much — it was almost as if she was attatched to humanity.

"Then maybe I can help you find out. Show you what humanity is really like. Away from Gotham."

"You're asking me to leave everything behind with nothing but trust. And to trust you of all people?" She leaned onto the table as she narrowed her gaze towards him. But he remained unmoving as he replied.

"I'm asking you if you want to live your own life. I've read your files, and to trust someone is probably the hardest thing that you can do. But I could never lie to you about something like this. I could never lie to anyone about something like this?"

"Like who? That boy wonder of yours?" She questioned, but when he didn't reply she began to think about his offer. Her brain was telling her no. Not in a million years. But what about her heart?

"Fine. I'll accept your offer of a 'better life.'"

_______𒀭𒀮𒀯

𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

✰ thank you all for those who have been reading my fic! i think going through and rewriting chapters will allow me to take the time to put much more effort into the writing and graphics versus the original which seemed very rushed. i hope you all enjoy the rewritten version more than the original. now go drink some water because half of you guys probably haven't had any all day.