The Guardian of Belmont

Start from the beginning

Sypha bowed and touched my hand. "An angel belongs with her choir. Go with them Zaharial, we'll be fine." She placed her hand on her still flat belly. "It is all right."

"Zaharial." Greta stepped forward. "You've done everything for my people and those I've strove to defend. Now it's time to care for yourself . Don't worry, I'll take care of things down here." I nodded at her, looking towards Alucard standing apart silently alone. " And I'll look after him." Greta reassured softly . "I promise."

"So will we." Added Sypha. "I'll try to keep the poor bastard out of trouble, don't worry." Trevor winked. I blinked, stepping over and approaching Alucard, who struggled holding back tears. He looked onto me full of love and biting pain, and his soul shined like the sun.

"You've given me everything, and taught me how to love again. They are right, you deserve the world and to be where you belong." Lights glimmered above us from my choir hovering low in the skies. "They're waiting. Go. Be with your family." I ruffled my feathers and chirped at them.

"It's all right. I will be fine. Go."

I huffed a breath, gazing into my lover's eyes and enveloped him with my wings. I knelt down and looked over him, letting him touch my face. "Goodbye my love, I will never forget you." When our foreheads touched, Samyaza flared his wing over us and my body shrunk into human form. I trembled so hard Alucard caught me in his arms.

"What's happened!?" Alucard gasped, seeing the light of my glyphs fade. Above us the sky opened in a brilliant sun-shower, as it often did with the coming and going of angels.

"The village needs a guardian to look after it." I chuckled. "Greta will need help and somebody's gotta keep an eye on Belmont."

The realization dawned in his eyes. "You chose to stay."

I nodded, limbs shaking as I held onto him. "I told Samyaza I wanted to go home." My fingers trembled in his golden hair and I touched foreheads with him, closing my eyes. "You're my home."  Alucard shook, tears soaking his face along with the downpour. He took me in his arms beneath the roar of the rain.

Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate and pure. This was the first and left all that would follow behind .

"What the hell is going on?" Trevor remarked, covering him and Sypha with the cloak. Alucard didn't respond, holding me close after our long passionate kiss, and crying unashamed.

"What does it look like?" Sypha nudged. "She's staying here."

"Well I'll bee damned." Trevor looked up as the Watchers flew in a great choir at the door, waiting for their leader. Samyaza bowed low and hovered above us.

We gazed up at him bright eyed and amazed. Alucard was rendered speechless when the Great Watcher took human form, which was quite handsome by the way, and kissed my cheek. He then wrapped his glyphed arms around us in an embrace, nuzzling me and whispering my ear before parting.

I'll never forget the stupefied look on Alucard's blushing red face when my brother kissed him the same way. Samyaza spread his grand wings and shot into the air with a flash of light, meeting his siblings as they coursed into the Corridor together. The Door closed with a thunderclap.

"That was truly incredible." Alucard sighed with a rosy tint. "Your brother is quite beautiful, though his beauty pales to yours."

"Thank you." I said, wistfully watching the skies.

"What did he say to you?" He asked.