Only Us In The World

Content warning ⚠️

I'm putting a possible trigger warning for this chapter because the events of Season 3's 'The Harvest' and 'Abandon All Hope' will be retold. Anyone whose seen those episodes knows those scenes are a million shades of uncomfortable and downright awful. My books are a safe place for readers, and will continue to be. I just want to give a heads up for anyone who may have been made very uncomfortable by the canon events.

The rain steadily pattered on our bedroom window. We'd seen the storm clouds creeping over the horizon as we flew home from Leon's spring, but in the joy of our courting flight we put it at the back of our mind. Even now as we lay together, our bodies pressed against each other heated, the rain was distant background noise.

As far I was concerned, the only thing in existence was the pulsing boom of his heartbeat in my ear. The steady rise and fall of his chest below my head, his hand softly running through my hair. I was truly content with my world I lived in, even if I was exhausted. Even with my shoulders stinging and the soreness between my legs. "Are you all right, my dearest?" Alucard murmured, eyes dark as he focused on the bitemarks. 

"I am. No worries, I've gotten worse scrapes from night creatures." I assured. The bites weren't bad, nor were they deep. In fact they stopped bleeding within moments. Alucard had offered to tend them, but I refused to move. He had no complaints about that.

 "I am so sorry. I did not mean that I swear. It is instinctive for us to bite our partners during intimacy, but that is no excuse." He touched my face before checking me over. "Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"No." I answered honestly. " I mean, the initial part hurt, but that's to be expected with me. After that....." I blushed. "It wasn't terrible at all."

Alucard sighed in relief. "I'm glad. I wanted to make your first experience.....better than mine."

"Don't worry it was." I assured him.

Alucard nodded, gazing balefully at me.  "You're falling asleep, little one." The voice hummed in my ear. "And you're making it easy to do so." I murmured, nose wriggling at the touch of my cheek. Alucard's chest rumbled beneath me. "Did I mention how beautiful you are?" He chuckled. "The twitch of your nose when you are disturbed from rest. The purse of your lips when you are in deep sleep. It is incredibly endearing. I cannot fathom there was a time I didn't know such a blessing. Now that you are here, I cannot imagine a world without it, without you." He ran his other hand down my back, tracing the glyphs across the length of my body. "I can't imagine a world without you either." I murmured, gaining a kiss on my hair.

"Easy." My muscles clenched feeling claws press into my hips. He shrunk his claws, hands moving up to the small of my back, keeping a grip. "If you want to resume what we were doing, we can. Just easy with the biting."

"And disturb you from your rest? I prefer not. I'm happy as I am, feeling your head against my heart and the pulse of your blood through my skin." My partner was anything but lust driven, and had better control of his instincts than any male, even if his own body was telling me otherwise. "Yes. Very sure. All I need is to hold you, my angel. To feel your warmth knowing I'll never be cold again."

"You are such a romantic!" I laughed blushing. "Who'd have thought? The son of Dracula."

"Vampires are very romantic creatures my dear." Alucard purred, stroking my hair. "Though usually only with other vampires. My father was a rare exception....and....I am my father's son." "There'd be a heck of a boom in romance novels if that was ever discovered among humans." I chuckled. "I can imagine a lot of interesting stories coming from such a concept." I kissed him on the great scar afflicted by his father. "But I enjoy this story enough, of you and me."