Chapter 79: It's Fine As Long As She's Fine With Him

Start from the beginning

"The documents from the government should be ready sometime in the middle of next month. You have to make good use of your time now, especially since there's pretty fierce competition this time." Michael beamed.

"I got it, Father." She already knew that Smiths was very capable, and they would probably be their top competitor this time.

Michael wanted to say something again, but as his eyes glanced over to Daniel beside him, he stopped and just nodded.

After a while, Arya went outside when she heard the sound of a car engine. Xavier, who was chatting with Robert, followed Arya outside as well.

"Mother?" Arya was surprised to see Arianna. She did not expect Xavier to actually able to convince her to come.

She then looked at the man beside her in surprise. "How did you convince Mother? I've mentioned it to Mother before, but she didn't answer me. I thought..."

"I have my ways." Xavier did not answer her directly and just gave her a mysterious smile instead. He then walked in front and greeted Arianna,

"Mother."

Arianna nodded with a smile. "I'm not late, am I?"

"It's alright. My parents are here, and Father-in-law should be here soon," Xavier replied humbly.

Arianna's eyes darkened slightly. She then drew a deep breath.

"Mmm, let's go in for now."

Arya did not say anything at all as her eyes were focused on observing Arianna's beautiful face. She did not miss the brief moment of sorrow on her face.

"Arya, you go in with Mother first. I need to call James. Pass me the phone." Xavier turned around and looked at Arya.

She was startled for a moment before nodding and handing him the phone before going towards Arianna.

"Is the school going to start the new semester soon?" Arya found a topic to talk to her mother about.

"Mmm, I just came over from the school. We are planning to hire several more lecturers this year, so I shouldn't be as busy as I was last year. I can be more focused on supervising my thesis students," Arianna replied.

...

The mother-daughter pair then went into the house.

As Xavier was about to call James, another car arrived and he raised his head to take a look.

It was James and the others!

Arya and Arianna halted in their steps and looked back when they heard the cars arriving.

The car slowed down and stopped near Xavier. There was another black car right behind it and Arya recognized the person driving as Benjamin's secretary, Liam!

Benjamin and Richard are here!

Arya had this thought in her mind.

Arya looked back at Arianna worriedly. Her mother did not seem very at ease and her eyes darkened a little before taking a deep breath as she looked at the car.

Benjamin came out first. His sharp eyes darted over the moment his feet touched the ground. Beside him, Xavier could feel Benjamin's eyes soften when he looked at Arianna. They then hardened a little and went back to their usual calm in the end.

"Xavier!"

"Grandfather, Father," Xavier greeted politely.

"Let's go in." Arianna went into Maple Residence without so much as a glance at Benjamin and Richard.