proving them wrong

Start from the beginning

Ryder shrugs, pulling her lips to a pout,

"Whoops."

•••

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia." Scott said, closing the door behind Austin.

Allison looked scared, "Waiting to kill her?"

"No, waiting to bake her a cake."

Scott brushes off the sarcastic comment, "If he thinks she's the kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool."

"It's not her." Stiles insisted.

"Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened."

"Exactly." Austin points out, "Nothing happened because she didn't take the test. Ryder made sure of it."

"You're welcome, by the way." The mentioned girl speaks up, running her hand on the top of the desks she walks by, "I'm gonna stop doing things for you guys if you don't learn to thank me."

"Thank you." Allison whispered, earning a smirk-like smile.

Stiles shakes his head, "No, it can't be her."

"It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."

"We?"

Austin walks behind the girl, running his hands up her neck towards her mouth, placing a gentle hand over it.

"Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school."

"He isn't even supposed to be on school property." Austin said, more to himself than anyone else, "This school's security is garbage."

"What about after school?" Allison wonders, glancing between the other four, "What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

"By three o'clock?"

"There could be something in the bestiary." The Argent says, looking at Ryder for back up.

She didn't know why, but she felt like if anyone were to be on her side, it would be the girl that hated her most.

"Oh, you mean the 900 - page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that."

"It's common sense." Ryder moves Austin's hand, "If there's pictures then you can put it together."

"That's not how it works."

Allison sits up, "Actually, I think I know someone who might be able to translate it."

•••

Scott had pulled Allison off to the side to speak privately.

This left Ryder and Austin with Stiles, which ended up with Stiles being alone.

Ryder leant her back against a desk, her sleeves lifting to show her tatted arms that Austin didn't hesitate to lock eyes on.

He could feel his stomach tingling with butterflies as she traced her fingers over the veins in his hands, patiently waiting for Scott and Allison to finish up.

"You haven't brought up Jackson being the kanima in a while." He spoke up, inhaling as he struggled to keep his composure at the feeling she was giving him.

"That's because they don't care." She ran her tongue over her teeth, completely aware of how his eyes followed the action, "They'll get caught with their pants down when they realize i'm right."

"You truly believe it's him? Even after he got tested for it?"

"Well, I know it's not Lydia. The girl might be a snake from time to time but i doubt she would even allow herself to become something as ugly as that is, whether she was given the choice or not."

Austin sighs, nodding along to her words.

"You think it's her."

Her words were more of statement than a question. And his lack of response gave her everything she needed to know.

He listened to her rambles, he listened to her complain about how no one cared to listen to or believe what she said. And he still went along with it.

Knowing full well that he didn't agree with a thing she said.

The girl huffs, pulling away from him with a nod. She wasn't upset, she just thought it was a little weird how he chose to nod along like he was on her side when he truly wasn't.

She barely casted a glance at Stiles when he shot Allison's crossbow, almost hitting her, if it hadn't been for Scott.

She could hear Austin sigh, knowing he felt guilty for not believing her. But she was okay with that,

It was just another person for her to prove wrong.