16 Tighter

The next day, I awoke before Theodore would get to me. I lay there awake in my bed, unsure of how I would ever get up.

I touched the corset with my hands, knowing my body was underneath, bruised, ribs slowly coming closer and closer together, while other organs slipped beneath in an unnatural way.

He was doing something to me.

I thought about what Theodore had said; the corset would help me.

Maybe I was wrong about corsets. He did have more experience with them, as he handled them, and he wore one too a while back.

Maybe there's something wrong with me, and he's helping me. There's no way he would hurt me.

Ever.

Right?

I swallowed as a pang of guilt shot through me as I realized that Theodore was probably just taking care of me, and I was being ungrateful. I was disrespectful, but he was so patient with me, and respectful that he continued showing me kindness that I didn't deserve.

Tears formed in my eyes. I probably caused him pain. He felt hurt, and I was only making it worse. I was a disappointment to him.

Tears slid down my face.

I have to make it up to him. I have to apologize. But not just with words, but with my actions as well. That way he knows he will know that he taught me my manners well.

I got out of bed and made it, and after that, I stood in the corner and waited for Theodore.

I waited for a while, my knees started to cramp, but I smiled instead, and made myself say, "The corset is good. It helps me. I will love it. I will get used to it. Just like Theodore says." But my voice shook.

I heard the door open, but I didn't turn around and waited patiently for Theodore to come to me, just like the patience he showed me lately.

His hands slid around my corset, appreciating my waist.

"Good morning Lily-Ann. Did you have a good night's sleep?" He kissed my neck.

"Yes", I lied. "I think the corset really did help," I added.

Where his fingers lingered, I felt utter pain, and I tried to forget my endless tossing and turning I did last night. One single touch to my torso made me ache in pain. 

"I am delighted to hear that Lily-Ann. Now, are you ready to switch things up a little?" He said with a twisted smile that I convinced myself wasn't twisted.

"Yes Theodore, I am ready to switch things up a little."

"Look at you, speaking full sentences, just as I like it." He spoke grinning as I felt sudden relief from the untied corset.

After he took it off, I stared at the naked part of my body: it was a sickening purple color. Like the shade of purple lilies. I wonder if it could go any shade darker.

He took out a new corset, and placed it over me, smiling excitedly as he did so. I tried to mimic his smile but to no avail. How could he smile when I was internally screaming from every breath I was taking in?

He clipped the front, one by one, taking his time. I breathed before knowing how much my air would be restricted.

I winced before he even had the chance to lace it.

"Ah," I winced again.

"What is it darling?" he murmured.

"It, hurts to breathe." I rasped.

He smiled at me, his eyes glazing, "That's because you're not wearing a corset, my dear. This is a good sign; it tells me your body is relying more and more on the corset. In other words, getting more used to it, helping you breathe." He smiled again.

"Ready?" His eyes looked ablaze.

"Yes, I'm ready." I tried to smile.

He yanked the lace. It hurt like hell. My waist was on fire from the bruises and my lungs were filled with water. The second pull. The water and fire were mixing together, creating smoke that filled my throat. The third, the fourth, and the fifth yank of his hands. It was smooth, yet firm. When will this end?

It was tighter as promised than my night corset. And it was already getting harder to breathe. But I wanted to make Theodore happy.

"Theodore," I said.

"Yes Lily- Ann?"

"I was wondering, if you could tie it, even tighter?" I looked into his pale blue eyes. Those glinting eyes. They were glinting anything but what you'd think they were trying to show you.

Theodore's grin widened "Of course my dear."

He began to tighten the laces even further, and I thought my ribs were now grazing each other. I wondered how many more days until my ribs either cracked or punctured my lungs.

Not being fully able to inhale was an understatement, a sense of panic filling my lungs. It's okay... it's... helping me... breathe in and out... as best... as... you can... My voice filled my head. But it didn't sound like my voice.

He held my hand up in the air as we both looked at my reflection.

My curves were dramatic, and the waist was every girl's dream. Sharper than an hourglass's.

"Just like it should be." He said aloud.

"Yes. As. It should... Be." I breathed.

He helped dress me, and then he left, calling me to the kitchen a few minutes later.

A/N 

Thank you SO MUCH for more than 5k reads!!! WHAT THIS IS NUTS!

Love you! Please vote :)