"Well, we just wanted to wait until things calmed down to tell anyone." I defended.

"I don't think things ever calm down here. And about Marissa, even if I did tell her, where are we going to go? What are we going to do? I have no money, no car." Ryan told us.

The waiter came then and placed the bill down.

"I got it. Threw in a couple extra sailing lessons this week. Feeling a little flush." Seth said, paying for the food.

"Not you too. I can't keep doing this. Ever since Ally and I moved in, your parents have been paying for everything." Ryan said.

"He is right. It feels weird taking your parents money." I told Seth.

"But they're your guardians. It's their job to pay for you." Seth told us.

Ryan and I exchanged a look.

"Okay, well then what are you two going to do for cash then?" He asked us.

There was clatter as plates crashed to the floor. We looked over to see the manager yelling at a waiter.

"Get out of here!" The manager yelled. The waiter threw his towel down in frustration.

"You can't fire me. I quit!"

Ryan and I turned back to Seth then.

"Fine, but you two gotta hook me up with free lobster."

~~~~~
The next day, I was in the pool house with Ryan, taking one last look at my waitress uniform in the mirror. Ryan and I managed to get hired and we started work today.

Seth walked in then.

"What do you think?" I asked him, turning to show him the uniform.

"I think you'll have a lot of guys hitting on you." He joked and I laughed at him. "Seriously."

"You look great." He told me and I grinned at him. "Still here, you know." Ryan remarked and I chuckled.

"You know, it's a good thing you two are starting the new job, because now I'll have the time to do all the stuff I haven't been able to do since you two moved here." Seth said, but I wasn't too convinced.

"We'll be back by six." I told him.

"Yeah, I know. It's nine now, which means I'm going to have nine hours of free time. You know what I'm saying?" Seth asked us.

"You going to be okay?" I asked him, grabbing my bag.

"Yeah. Before you two came along, all I did was hang out by myself anyway, so it's really a return to form." Seth said.

The three of us walked into the living room and glimpsed Sandy hiding by the doorway of the kitchen. I could hear multiple women's voices through the doorway.

"Uh, Dad. What are you doing, man?" Seth asked as we reached Sandy.

Sandy gestured for Seth to be quiet, then gestured to the kitchen.

"I'm waiting for them to disperse. I left my briefcase in there. I need to get to work." Sandy said and it was comical how terrified he was of the women.

"Go get it." Ryan told him.

"And talk to those women? I can't." Sandy told him.

"He didn't steal. It wasn't like- She's our friend." Kirsten said suddenly from the kitchen.

"I can't believe you're defending them. Jimmy Cooper is a thief and a felon." Another woman said.

"Those women are obsessed." Seth mumbled.