Eternal Existence - Prologue

New story I'm working on. Please comment and let me know if its worth continuing or not.  The main character Ariana is pronounced (A-RI-AH-NA).  Thx.

 ______________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

Ariana's eyes opened wide to the darkness of the room. She could sense that something was off. Slowly, she pulled herself up against the headboard as she listened carefully and scanned her surroundings. Her eyes focused on the window lit by the full moon. The curtains swayed gently from the evening breeze. Her heart froze and she was suddenly paralyzed with fear.

'I shut that window before I got in bed, I'm sure of it,' she thought.

She heard nothing but the wind, but she sensed she was not alone. Goose bumps rose on her chilled skin. She kept her eyes glued to the curtain covering a doorway leading to her office. She was horrified when she spied two red glowing objects no bigger than peas that appeared suddenly from behind the curtain.

There was nothing but darkness and the floating red orbs. She gasped and held her breath as fear took over. Her heart pounded harder than ever as she watched a figure slink slowly toward her. Abruptly the curtain was ripped away. The figure stood above her and she could see now that the two orbs were eyes. It was a man and he was tall, maybe six and a half feet. His clothing looked wet and heavy.

His long, dark hair covered most of his face and when he snarled at her she saw two pointed teeth protruding from his mouth. She realized she was holding her breath and took in a loud gulp of air. She tried to scream, but nothing came out! Before she could make a sound the fiend was on top of her as he covered her mouth with his own.

A muffled sound escaped her lips as she realized with complete disgust why his clothes were wet and heavy. Enormous tears streamed down her face. She could smell the blood that drenched him as he held her down. His bright red eyes blazed into hers as her willpower faded to nothing. She was completely vulnerable and she realized she was going to die. She tasted the coppery blood that soaked her lips. 

"I have compelled you and you will not scream or move," he said. "I've waited a long time for you." 

"I don't understand," she whimpered. "I'm not alone, I have roommates and they'll come and check on me."  

She cringed as he laughed wickedly. "Really? I don't think so," he stated so surely. 

'They will come,' she thought.  Then, with horror, she understood where the blood soaking the monster's clothing must have come from.

“Why are you soaked in blood? Where did it come from?" she whispered.

He laughed again, "Do you really want to know? Or have you already figured it out?"

"YOU BASTARD!” she cried, already mourning the loss of her friends.

He smiled even wider at the sight of her tears. It was pleasurable for him to see her in pain.

"I hope you go to hell!" she screamed.

"If I do, Ariana, know that you'll be with me," he said, his face close to hers. She could smell his scent and though she wanted to be repulsed, she found herself oddly attracted to him.

She stared up at him in disbelief and confusion, "How?" was all that she could get out before he silenced her.

"Enough! I'm tired of playing with you, it's time," he growled.

She didn't fight him as he tilted her head to the side and his pointed teeth ripped into her tender neck. There was excruciating pain then came the blackness.

"Ariana, Ariana, wake up!" screamed Ariana's roommate, Leora. "You're having that dream again."