Chapter 11 Starlight Boy and Girl Café

Chapter 11 Starlight Boyand Girl Café

An indoor waterfall stood in the left corner of the Café, and a woman dressed as a mermaid splashed inside it.

Waiters and waitresses dressed in soft pastel-colored uniforms held glowing trays filled with plates of food.

A waiter set Rainbow salads, grilled chicken nuggets, garlic toast, and roasted artichokes on the black marble table.

Zeda tucked a cloth napkin over her lap. "The artichokes look delicious. This is the first restaurant I've been to in ages. They kick me out because I'm Marked."

"Mrs. Tell received the Mark before she married. She used to babysit me."

Prince Chaz-Vice sauntered into the café and sat next to them. "So, is this the guy who has been paid to date you?"

Diners stopped chatting and stared at them.

Quincy played with the nuggets on his plate. "If she paid me, I wouldn't be using gift certificates to buy her dinner! That sounded better in my head. I'm not a billionaire, but I'm doing well and can afford to take a gorgeous woman out."

"Quincy thinks I'm attractive and doesn't want to hide me from his daddy."

Chaz poured water over their salads and toast; pieces of ice slipped on the floor.

Quincy grabbed the chicken nuggets and the artichokes. "What, are you twelve?"

"I'm tired of being a wimp with muscles I never use." Chaz threw a piece of lettuce at Quincy.

Paparazzi sat in the corner booth and snapped photos of them.

Quincy stared at Chaz. "Ruining our date doesn't make her want you."

Chaz slipped on the ice and fell onto the table.

Quincy struggled to pull him up, but he managed.

A tall woman rushed at the prince with a dagger. Zeda threw her to the ground.

The woman glared at Chaz. "You need to die, Mark loving pig."

The owner skipped to them. She resembled a winged Dragon. Her clawed fingers and paw pads rested on her white and pink lace apron. "I called the police. Prince Chaz, you need competent security."

"Ella is helping me hire a new team."

Mrs. Tell pointed at Zeda. "You need to hire her. Prince Chaz-Vice, this is the third time this week a creep has tried to kill you in my restaurant. I should have an assassin fee."

Quincy waved to the owner. "Mrs. Tell, could you send someone over with a takeout bag or container? I think I want to take Zeda on a picnic. Throw in some mint oatcakes and Crystal Alpha jam pie."

She gave Quincy a thumb's up sign. "Darling boy, I haven't seen you in months, and I'm glad you're dating again." Mrs. Tell turned to Zeda. "He planned a huge wedding which he paid for out of pocket, and his ex dumped him for a moron. Her family never paid their half, but only the grandmother was wealthy, and she is a jerk. He gave the party to a homeless shelter and switched his wedding down payment to gift certificates because he cared we were paid. I'm glad he is using them. Quincy is a keeper."

He blushed, but Mrs. Tell possessed a magic ability to know when to share humiliating information in a way that made him look less pathetic than how he felt.

Zeda stood closer to him.

Mrs. Tell shook her finger. "Quincy, I have known you since you were a sprout. I prefer your new girlfriend."

"There won't be a second date," Prince Chaz said.

Zeda fumbled for Quincy's hand. "I agreed to a second, and now I know you can't stand him, I'm going on a third."

Paparazzi jumped in front of them with tiny cameras.

"This is an amazing story! Wealthy Prince Dumped by Hideous Marked Woman," one of the men said.