War of Unification part 5: state of the world

Start from the beginning

''Are you suggesting that Naruto was planning to conduct a coup? Like the thwarted Uchiha one, Minato?'' Inoichi asked. ''It seems... absurd and yet, so plausible. He had three powerful ninja clans under his control and several of the strongest and most trusted ANBU. Unlike the Uchiha clan however, we had no inside source to tell us this. If Naruto planned a coup as you think he would, Minato, then I think he would've succeeded.''

''Yes. Strangely enough, Naruto was not found in the castle. Not one trace of him remained. If Naruto wanted to, then maybe he could've pulled off his coup that night. But then again, most of our manpower had returned and defenses were on high alert. Only reason the Inuzuka and side branch Hyuga could steal the gold reserves and kidnap the children and Harunos was because most of them were on patrol. I think... Naruto believed he could not have taken the full Leaf force but it's just my thinking. I don't know why he did not pull it off.''

''A possibility but perhaps he just wants us to suffer. The Leaf village, in all of it's history, has never faced a crisis such as this before.'' Shikaku said. ''For falsely imprisoning him, I think. Although, with the whole Uchiha massacre thing, it's not completely unexpected and we just threw him in jail under lies. Naruto is smart, extremely smart, and I'm certain he has a plan. Whatever that plan is, I'm afraid to know what it is.''

(Hidden Mist Village, Land of Water)

''That's the report, sir.'' a soldier reported recent developments to the major. ''The factories are set and border security drones and forts are in place. Recruitment for imperial troopers from the native population has reached 10,000 men and women. Nearly 45,000 if we include all the other vassal states. The ninja ranks too have swelled now that dozens of wanted ninjas have joined.''

''Good work, trooper. What of the sky port and oil drills?'' the major asked.

''Going smoothly, sir. In three years time, it'll be ready. Large quantities of oil from beneath the sea have been harvested and shipped to the other vassal states.''

''Excellent. Prince Konstantine's pet, what do you have to report?''

''Several Leaf ANBU have been caught, sir. Shall I execute them?'' Mei asked for orders.

''No. Sent them for re-education. Let them serve as spies.''

''Yes sir.'' Mei recieved her orders and left to do as told.

''None of the troops touched her right, trooper? The royalty will be angry since prince Konstantine has her made his pet.''

''I assure you that none have not, sir.''

''Good. And what of those that I have selected?'' the major asked in reference to his own harem of ten female Mist ANBU.

''In mint conditon sir.''

''Continue keeping me updated on the progress, trooper. I want to know every detail.''

''Yes sir.''
______________________________________

-palace of Angband, Konstantia-

''How is our progress?'' Rhaella asked one of the communications officers in her palace. ''The war and the eastern developments.''

''Going well, my lady queen.'' the officer replied. ''Prince Konstantine and prince Daemon have successfully sacked the Decapolis. They're meeting up with Grand General Rukossovsky to finish the northern theatre.''

''Then we can move to the southern theatre. Good. And of eastern developments?''

''The eastern vassal states are rapidly industrializing, my lady queen. The commanders put in charge have given back their reports, saying everything will be ready in three years time.'' the communications officer answered. ''Recruitment is also going well. Nearly 50,000 soldiers have been trained and it is most likely that the number will increase.''