P5. Holding Grudges

Y/N POV

This is one of the worst beatdowns I've ever watched.

Currently, Jaune was getting absolutely destroyed by Cardin. Now I dislike Cardin as much as as the next guy but he was a lot more skilled than Jaune is, if that really means anything.

From the crowd we can see Cardin hit Jaune with a low blow before bringing his mace up above his head, about to slam it down onto him.

Before that can happen, a buzzer sounded and the lights of the arena turned off. "Cardin, that's enough." Glynda walked in between the two students. "Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match." Glynda looked toward Jaune, who was still getting up. "Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now wouldn't we?"

Cardin picked up his mace. "Speak for yourself..."

"Remember everyone, The Vytal Festival is only a few weeks away. It won't be long before students from other kingdoms arrive in Vale, so keep practicing!" Glynda advised. "Those who choose to participate in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale."

"Ms. Goodwitch!" Rouge called out from beside me. "Do you think we have time for one more match?"

"Yeah, let's get one more fight in!" Thea agreed for obvious reasons.

"We might have time for one more-" As Glynda spoke, the bell rang. "... Nevermind. Class dismissed."

Audible groans come from the two of them, annoyed at the fact that their sparring match has been postponed once again.

-Timeskip brought to you by Y/N holding Thea back in an attempt to stop her from stinging Rouge.-

"So there we were, in the middle of the night..." Us, Team RWBY, and Team JNPR all we're seated at a table, listening to Nora tell a story.

"It was day." Ren interjected, not letting Nora embellish the story too much.

"We were surrounded by Ursai!" Nora retold.

"They were Beowolves." Ren said.

"DOZENS OF THEM!" Nora yelled out, jolting me from my half-zoned-out state.

"Two of 'em." Ren said.

"But they were no match! And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!" Nora completed her story.

"Ah... She's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now..." Ren said, exasperated.

"You should probably get that checked out..." As I speak, I notice Jaune poking and prodding at his food but he hasn't taken a bite yet. "Are you okay Jaune?"

Jaune flinched, rejoining us in the land of the living. "Oh, yeah! Why?"

"It's just that you seem a little... not okay..." Ruby said.

"Eh, guys, I'm fine... Seriously, look!" Jaune gave us a thumbs up and laughed nervously, looking over to Cardin.

"Look, dude, you're obviously not okay." Thea followed Jaune's eyes. "Is it Cardin?"

"Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... he just likes to mess around! Practical jokes!" Jaune waved it off.

"He's a bully." Ruby said.