Selene's POV

My eyes fluttered and opened slowly to the bright light of the room I was in, and even with my blurry vision and hazed mind, I could tell instantly that I wasn't in my room in the royal pack.

The softness and warmth I felt on the bed I lay on were too satisfying—a kind of cozy feeling I hadn't experienced for a long time. The fragrance of the room itself was very rich and smelled like paradise.

I shut my eyes and waited for a few minutes before opening them. This time my vision was clear, and I wasn't feeling any kind of pain, nor did my skin feel any kind of dirt.

As my eyes roamed around the room, I gasped, my jaw dropping at the magnificent sight to behold. Was I dreaming?

A question I asked myself as I sat up from the bed, only to see I was covered with a duvet to keep me warm. Huh?

I can't remember the last time I had something like this on my body. Even my parents couldn't afford it. As I pulled them over and dropped my legs on the floor, I marveled at the dress I was putting on—a sophisticated pink flower-design sleeveless tank top and the same design shorts to match—and even myself couldn't believe my skin anymore with the cologne I was emitting.

As I stood and looked to my right, I was faced with the mirror, displaying my reflection.

"Whoa!" I gasped, covering my mouth as my eyes widened in awe and disbelief as I saw my hair appearing the way it should be and even prettier as it had been permed and combed down with hair cream that smelled so nicely.

What happened to me?

I couldn't help the goggles and laughter that slipped from my lips. Tears of joy also found their way down my cheeks as I hugged myself in admiration, blushing really hard.

All I can remember is Jaden and his friend saving me and Joy from being killed by Celine and taking us out of that pack. I passed out from loss of blood and strain, only to wake up to this. I don't even know who owns this lovely room. 

Just then, I heard the door creak, and I turned sharply to see who it was. Standing at the door were Jaden, his friend, and Joy. Joy was also wearing those kinds of gowns that I had only seen the Alpha's daughter wear, and she looked so clean and pretty that I wondered for a few seconds where all this beauty had hidden.

"Selene!" She chirped in uncontrollable excitement, running to me with wide arms. We both hugged tight as I rubbed her back.

"They have taken us out of that hell. Selene, we are free now." She whispered in my ears. I couldn't hold back my grin.

"Yes, we are free, and not just that, we have our soul mates with us." I chuckled, pecking her cheek as we broke the hug and held hands as we faced the Jaden and his friend who I'm yet to know his name.

"His name is Jake. The one I told you was with Jaden that day I took the antidote to them." Joy began the introduction of her boyfriend with wide smiles.

"Oh, the one you fell in love with at first sight." I winked, and she nudged me, placing her index finger on her lips as she shushed me.

"Really?" Jake exclaimed; his eyes lit up as he heard what I said.

"No true!" Joy shouted shyly.

"And you told me it would take a year to fall in love with me!" Jake cackled, grabbing her from me.

"Yes! A year. I'm adding six months more." She squealed, laughing heartily.

"Accept it. Stubborn girl. We are in love!" Jake held her waist as they both threw passionate, funny words at each other while she playfully hit his chest.

Jaden walked over to me and hugged me from behind, his breath fanning my neck. Smiles curled my lips, and I couldn't stop. I was feeling butterflies in my stomach and warmth in my heart. Also, seeing Joy so happily in love really made me giddy.

"I can't believe this is Jake falling in love with a werewolf." Jaden laughed sweetly.

"I can't also believe that is my friend, Joy. Our best friends are becoming cute couples. How lovely."

We both faced each other, and gazing into his charming eyes, I felt like I would drown in them. Jaden was so hot, so manly, and so possessive as his hand wrapped around my waist and my arms around his neck.

"Let's go to the balcony." He said it so gently to me that I felt it rush up my cheeks. The feeling of being treasured and spoken to in such a loving way was something I had never felt before. It was so heartwarming. I nodded, and he clasped his hand with mine and led the way.

"This mansion is a secret safehouse in the vampire kingdom that I built for myself. Not even my parents know of it. To keep it secret, I had to give all the workers a pill that made them lose their memories after they finished it. They can't remember where this place is located." He said to me as we made our way up the staircase.

"Wow. For what reason did you build this?" I asked.

"My parents were a pain in the neck, a thorn in my flesh, pestering and disturbing me so much to find a woman to love and marry; different girls were flooding the royal castle, trying to get my attention and love, even after I had told them countless times that I would never do that." He paused and chuckled when I gave him a sly look.

"I hated the sound of love and vowed not to give any woman a chance in my life. I saw it as a dangerous trap—a weakness that could ruin and destroy my life." He explained, his face beaming with smiles.

We got to the balcony, which was high above the ground, giving us a clear and great view of the thick forest and the amazing sight of nature that surrounded us. The wind sent chills over my skin, feeling so good.

"The same house you built to stay away from women is the same place you brought me to stay with you. Aren't you scared I'll ruin you?" I deadpanned, making a witchy expression that made him burst into laughter. He swiftly held my hand and pulled me forward, making me lose balance. I leaned on him, my face raised to his, as he stared dreamily at my lips.

"Ruin me when we get to my bedroom." He whispered in a sexy voice that melted me as my eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I began to feel wetness between my legs.