𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟾

〖✧〗𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟾 - "𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙴𝚇𝚃 𝙻𝙸𝙵𝙴𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴"

『#3: "Maybe, in the next lifetime" 』

〖✧〗𝙰 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁...

It has been long since the mighty and fearless guardian of the mountain disappeared as he revealed his true form in front of the eyes of his people, including his dear beloved that only looked at him with confusion.

The guardian of the mountain remained hidden among the shadows of the forest but his beloved would come and wait for him to appear, she waited day and night with little hope of meeting him again.

Love is always made with sacrifices, isn't it wonderful? Seeing how you have to lose something you hold dear just to feel joy in another's arms. The guardian of the mountain have always wanted to meet with his dear beloved but his duties of guarding his land made him feel burdened by neglecting his duties.

One night, the young maiden arrived in front of the forest's entrance to wait for her beloved to appear despite knowing that he won't. Her hope kept holding on that she could wait for a hundred years, she wanted to be embraced in his arms again.

The guardian of the mountain appeared that left her surprised but relieved, she wanted to run into his arms but he looked different from what she recalled. Neither of them spoke a word and just let their eyes meet as the rain started to pour, she could feel her tears falling.

The guardian of the mountain thought that he would be resented by her and this could be their last goodbye but she told him to stay and never fade away again, she begged him to stay over and over until the guardian held the young maiden in his arms.

Feelings reconciled, they wanted to stay together till time ends itself. But how? He's a spirit and she's only a young mortal. The guardian wanted to do everything in his power to keep his beloved with him for eternal and the young maiden hoped to do her best.

It's charming and romantic for a simple star-crossed couple, but things like this needs sacrifice if you want to earn something that you could reach but can't keep. Everything that you wanted to have needs a sacrifice for something in return, something dear to you.

Among the legends of the mountains, there has always been one wise spirit who could give you the solutions that you could use and provides a blessing or a curse in return for a single answer.

I'm known as "The Heart of the Forest", a spirit who holds wisdom and the nurturer of living beings among the mountains. I have watched over the forest and the lives of those who resides in the mountains so far than I could remember before even history begins.

I've always made myself prepare for any sudden visits, willing to prepare the answers that they seek from me. The guardian and his young maiden could only look at me with a worried expression, but I have to fulfill my duties as a spiritual being of this land.

The guardian wanted me to give them answers from the wisdom I hold, all I could see in their eyes was how they were truly desperate and I was the only being who could give them their last hopes.

The Heart:
- "There is no other way."

I replied coldly, the couple looked at me hoplessly as the young maiden could only comfort her guardian. There was no way that I could make a mortal into a spiritual being, there is no such thing.

The guardian was loss of words that he lost hope of staying with his beloved, I could only gaze at them seeing how their bond remained stronger despite the difference of their worlds.