24

Lisa

Apprehensively, I place my hand in hers.

With a triumphant smile on her beautiful face, she leads me to the dance floor. Using the hand holding mine, she places my hand on her shoulder, moving her hand to my waist. At the same time clasping my other hand in hers. As we move to the soft beat, I notice more and more looks coming our way.

"People are staring at us." I say with skittish eyes.

She doesn't take her eyes off me. "Let them." She says, while moving my other hand onto her shoulder. Dropping her head so our foreheads touch, she whispers. "You look gorgeous tonight."

I smile contently and drop my head to rest on her shoulder locking my hands behind her neck and closing the little space remaining between us. "I've missed you." I admit. Allowing myself to actually feel how much I've missed her for the first time and being grateful to be back in her arms.

"I've missed you too."

Pulling back slightly, I look into her goddess face. Pausing for a moment to take in the beauty of her lips before I placed my own on them.

My heart is beating rapidly as one whole again and the butterflies once again taking flight from my stomach, filling my body with a delicious tingle. We fell into our familiar rhythm but with a new raw passion making everything seem that much sweeter.

I love this girl and nobody can stop that.

Well, at least it looks like someone is trying to.