Are You Okay?

Y/n's POV:

"Soda," I whispered as I went over to him. I sat down next to him and cradled him in my arms.

"Why would she do that to me?"

"They were drunk," I said softly to him while putting my chin on his head. "It's not our fault." I felt tears slipping down my face. Usually I'd run away and hide them, but this time, I sat there and cried with Soda.

How could they do that to us? 

After a couple minutes, Steve walked in and sat down next to me and Soda. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"What happened Cookie? Please tell me."

I sniffled. "I broke up with b/f/n because he got Sandy pregnant."

"Those pieces of shit," Steve mumbled.

We sat there like that for about a good 30 minutes.

"I should probably go to work now," I said gently removing Soda from my grasp.

"Are you sure you want to go to work right now?" Soda asked.

I sigh. I really don't want to go to work, I really don't feel like doing anything but staying here comforting Soda. But I have to go to work. "Yes, I have to go. Whether I like it or not." I helped Soda to his feet, giving him a final hug before I leave. "I'll see you later tonight Soda, okay?"

"Okay Cookie, be safe."

"I will." I turned to Steve who hugged me tight.

"I'll whoop his ass for you," Steve whispered in my ear.

"Don't get into trouble," I said with a slight chuckle as I left the room.

Soda's POV:

After Y/n left, I wiped the tears from my eyes and decided I needed to get back to work. I decided to work on the cars, since I couldn't handle the fuss girls would make over me. Not today.

After work, me and Steve walked home. As I walked through the door, all I did was grab a beer, opened the bottle, and locked myself in my room. I knew drinking wasn't going to solve my problems. But I just wanted to forget everything at the moment.

Two hours later...

"Hey, mind if I join you?"

I looked up at the familiar voice. Y/n. "Sure," I said as I patted the spot next to me.

She walked over and handed me another beer. This surprised me a little because when we were younger, we made a promise to not drink. But I guess today is all about broken promises. I already had one beer today anyways. We didn't say anything for a bit. Just sat there trying to forget the day. She laid her head on my shoulder, and I could feel water droplets fall on my shirt. I silently cried with her. We ended up falling asleep, and the next morning we both woke up to terrible headaches.

"My head," Y/n groaned as she got up. 

She started to wobble and I was able to reach out and catch her with what little strength I had in me. We were able to help each other to the bathroom and just stared in the mirror for a bit. Y/n started to laugh a little.

"What?" I said with a grin spreading across my face.

"We look like a mess," she said fully laughing now.

"Yeah we really do," I said laughing along with her. Me and one of my best friends. Crying and laughing together for the same reason because people hurt us in the same way.

A/N:

Hey guys! What'd you think about this chapter? I know it was kinda sad but the next one will be a little bit more upbeat! Have a wonderful day!!!