Chapter 7

Sensuality without love is a sin; love without sensuality is worse than a sin.

- Jose Bergamin

Rosenna's POV

Sitting in the cafe, I felt a bit uncomfortable. Gavin was furious.. and I was unsure why. After saying goodbye to Vincent, he was silent. Ignoring me as I attempted to speak to him.

The waiter had just taken our orders, and Gavin took a sip of his water before finally speaking.

" When were you going to tell me you landed Garcia's son? " He asked, and I bit my lip.

" I was going to tell you soon enough.. you just got a bit angry the last time I mentioned it.. "

" And what happened to selling the properties? " He questioned, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

" That was a suggestion you gave me.. I wasn't really going to act on it.. " I whispered, and he shook his head.

" Of course, you wouldn't have. "

" Is that supposed to mean something, Gavin? " I asked, and he rolled his eyes.

" Yes, Rosenna. You don't know how to be a wife and listen to your husband. I suggested you sell, and you ignored me. Anything I ask you to do, you fucking find a way to defy me, and it's starting to piss me off. "

" I'm sorry.. is me being independent and doing what's best for me and my career considered not listening to my husband? I contribute to the relationship by being my own person, not living in your shadow or following your every demand. What's gotten into you lately? " He stared at me for a moment longer and stood as he placed a $100 bill on the table.

" Fuck this shit. I'm going back to the office. I'll see you at home. " He seethed and left the cafe as tears came to my eyes. Every time.. The waiter came over to ask if I was okay, and I asked him to cancel the order as I apologized and left. I did my best to wipe my tears, but they didn't stop. A constant reminder of how hard I tried.. it wouldn't make a difference.

♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎♦︎

Walking into Beckham's studio, he placed his tools down as he looked over at me. I felt butterflies in my stomach from his gaze, but I ignored it as I placed my things down and waited for him to speak. He walked over to me and placed his hand on the side of my face.

" Why the long face, flower? " He asked, and I shook my head. 

" It's nothing.. " I whispered, looking down, and he placed his finger under my chin to make me look back up at him.

" You and I both know that's not the truth.. " He muttered, and I sighed.

" I.. got into another fight with my husband and.. I'm thinking I should just sell my properties.. He's upset that I don't listen to his suggestions, and if I want to keep the peace, I think I just may have to start.. " I admitted.