Louis

Diana's POV

Diana's POV

I wake up to the sound of Thompson pouring water on our fire.
"What is wrong with you? why are you putting out the fire? Do want us attacked?" I sit up. My head's spins for a few seconds because of the sudden movement.

"If you would stop asking me twenty questions, maybe i'ld explain" he whispers "shut up"

I clam my lips shut. I see him faintly due to the lack of light. Unfortunately for us , the moon isn't bright today.

I hear footsteps of people coming towards our direction. I don't hear voices, just footsteps.  Thompson grabs the gun and stands infront of me.

I feel a fluttering sensation in my gut as he does the simple action. I hold unto my stick tight and hope it's a rescue team sent to get us. My heartbeat quickens and I struggle to make my breathing quiet.

Thompson tries his best to cock the gun without it making a loud sound. The footsteps proceed towards us and we see torches directed at different directions, as if they are looking for someone.

As we begin to see people's silhouette, I grab Thompson's shirt in fear. "Keep calm" he whispers. I nod clamming my lips shut.

"Thompson!" We hear a masculine voice call out. Could it be the assassins sent to kill us.

Please let it be a rescue team.

“Young master! It's Pedro " the voice shouts.

"Pedro he -" I whisper before I'm cut short

"It could be a trap. " He grabs my hand as he's still backing me " remain rooted"

I nod, still shaking in my boots - or in this case, slippers. A shiver runs down my spine as the direction of a torch almost shines on us.

After a few seconds, the continue towards another direction. A sigh escapes Thompson. He stands, dusting his palm of the sand.

"Achoo!" A loud sneeze rings accross the expanse of land. Thompson slowly turns towards me with an icy glare.

If looks could kill, tomorrow might as well be my funeral. He grabs my shoulders shaking me furiously.

We hear the footsteps run towards our direction. " I should just kill you!" He holds my neck lightly. I push his hands away.

"Shut up" I look at the ground in guilt "you were the one that triggered the sneeze"

He rolls his eyes and picks up the gun.

The team find us sitted there. Thompson raises up his two hands in surrender. I follow, looking confused.

"Young master, what are you doing?" It's Pedro and he's casting a wierd look at Thompson.

"Pedro" Thompson says in realization and immediately drops his hands.
"Took you guys long enough. Mosquitoes would have already had their fill with us"

VENGEANCEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara