Stuck with you

Diana's POV

"Okay!" Mr. Seth slams his massive book onto his table. "I've heard that both of you have combat lessons today, so goodbye for now."

I quickly gather my belongings and stow them in my purse. Thompson is waiting for me by the door.

"Uh, Mr. Young Master," I playfully taunt him, "are you waiting for your queen?"

He scoffs, "Tsk, you wish. I just don't know the way to the fighting arena."

"My, oh my, Thompson. Shouldn't you have learned your way around by now? It's been a week," I say, leading the way to our destination.

"Shut up," Thompson mutters.

I open my mouth to object but he silences me with a stern glare.

I let out an exasperated sigh.

**********
As we approach the clearing, Pedro, our trainer, waves at us.

"Aye, look who it is," he bows, his voice dripping with jest. "My king, my queen."

"Stand upright, Pedro," Thompson instructs, his discomfort evident.

Pedro remains in his bow.

"Are you seriously doing this right now?"

"No," Pedro laughs and straightens up. "What's up, Diana?"

"Hello, Sir Pedro."

"Sir? You address him as 'sir' but struggle with addressing me correctly," Thompson protests incredulously.

"What... What's going on?" Pedro glances between us, clearly confused.

"Thompson here insists that I address him as 'young master.'"

"Young master? Why would she call you that?" Pedro looks at Thompson with disbelief.

"Well, I'm referred to as 'young master' by everyone. Why should she be an exception?"

"She's your fiancée, Thompson. Your soon-to-be wife," Thompson and I both cringe at the mention. Pedro nods, satisfied with our reactions. "Yeah, let that sink in. You'll be sharing everything – a house, a room, a bed, babies, kids!"

"Alright, Pedro, that's enough," Thompson interrupts, his tone curt. "We're here for fighting lessons, not to be irritated."

Pedro chuckles heartily. "Fair point. Let's get down to business, then. Follow my lead."

He guides us to an elevated circular platform made of cement.

"I dub this the 'Circle of Death'," Pedro introduces dramatically.

"Meh," Thompson dismisses nonchalantly.

"Excuse me?" Pedro whirls around, his playful demeanor now challenged.

"Too basic," Thompson retorts, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Well, young master, do you have a better name in mind?" Pedro challenges, placing a hand on his hip.