Chapter 23 • the game part 4

We sit silently next to each other. "Well... I'm not giving up!" I stand up. "First, we get out of here, and then we're going to find a way back. Together, "I pull out my hand. Amory hesitates first but takes it. I pull him up. "So, how do we get out of here? And where are the others?" I ask. "We're the only ones left. And we need to find a stone and go to the temple, "he says. "Oh..."

So I was right. The whole Tanaki family is already out. Everyone is... even Zyrian. And they're probably is watching, right now. How embarrassing...

"Let's just find that stone." We walk together away from the area we used to fight. "When you were in the portal, you saw him too, right?"
Amory frowns. "Who?"
"That guy, you know..."
"I didn't see a guy..."
"You know the guy. Dressed in white cloth having dark hair, he had such a gentle and calm aura around him."

"I didn't see a man, I just got pushed back."

It makes me think, perhaps our situation is not completely the same...

We walk to the temple in silence, going to the mountain. "So what happens now with you?" I ask.
"Now you revealed that you're secretly a villains minion?"

"I probably go to jail..."
"Oh..." I look concerned at him. "If they could catch me, of course," he says with a cocky smile. "What's it like, working for them?"
"You're asking to much questions", mocks Amory.

"Is it really that bad?"
"No, not at all! They're cruel, sure, but they could've let me die on the street." I smile as I think how I first met Botan. "Seems like villains aren't that bad," I smile at him. "I guess they aren't."
.

.

.
We're somewhat halfway through the mountain, and my legs hurt as hell. "How long are we walking?"I ask. "2 hours."
I sigh and stop for a moment before I go sit on a rock. "What are you doing?" He asks. "I'm tired. I am taking a break. We are walking for two hours, and we are just halfway through."
"Wrong."
I look at him confused. Amory points at a cave a few meters from here. "There is the stone."
"Oh... can we take a break after?"
"How are you tired?"he asks, annoyed.
"How come you're not? We're climbing for two hours!"
"Let's just get this stone and get on with this."

I follow him into the cave. The air is different and it's very dark. I can't see a thing. "Use your power," Amory suddenly says. "Excuse me?"
"You have superpowers, right. Use it." "I don't know how, "I reply with a sad tone. "Great, just great."

Suddenly, I get punched in the face, leaving a tingling feeling on the spot of my jaw. "Amory! What the hell was that for!?" I yell angrily without noticing a small flame on the top of my fingers. As the light shows part of his face, I see a mean smirk burned into his annoyed face. "Problem solved," he grins, pointing to my finger.

I slap the smirk of his face with a loud 'thud'. His eyes widen as there comes a red mark on the side of his face. He looks offended at me, but there comes no words out of his mouth, almost like he's speechless. "Don't punch me ever again," I tell him with an angry look on my face. Amory doesn't react at all. "You slapped me..." he says with disbelief.

"Don't act surprised. Let's go." I walk furhtur expecting him to follow me. We both walk to the end of the path, where we see a lot of rocks build up onto each other. It's a simple structure, but it looks magical as we walk through. "Is this here in real life as well?" I ask curiously. "Yes, this is a rebuild till the exact details," says Amory. "Is there a stone as well?" "Yes, but it's sealed off. No hero or villain can go there. Only the superhero can."
"Could a supervillain open it as well?" Amory stops and turns to me. "A supervillain?" He repeats.

"I think so..."

I nod in understanding, not noticing Amory's worried look. "You're not planning to... break in, right," he chuckles nervously. "No, I was just curious," I say as I walk furthur.

"This stone possesses the power of all superheroes and supervillains. When they die, the body will ash, and their power will be released and locked up in an emerald stone, only to be used if needed."

"There are three doors. One of them leads to the stone, and the other two will kill us, "explains Amory. We look at the three doors, one with a dragon sealed on it, it breathes fire at the people as it stands on a big castle. The middle one is a lion, standing on a higher platform with other animals. It roars at them. The third one is a wolf. With their pack, they camp in the woods.

"You don't know which door it is, I assume?" I ask when I see Amory thinking. "No, not really."
"I think it's that one," I point at the door with the wolves. Amory looks at me with an unreadable expression. "What makes you so sure?"

I point to the dragon. "There the animals run away from the dragon because he sets them on fire, which I assume represents the villains. The middle is a lion, king of the animals. The animals look up at him, which I assume it represents the heroes, but here-"
"There no hero or villain," adds Amory. "They work together, and no one stands higher than them." "Yes, "I reply. "That's genius!" Before I can react, Amory wraps his arms around me and pulls me off the ground with twirl. Surprisingly, I like the contact of our bodies. He feels warm and soft, and the happiness in his face feels... good.

When he realizes what he's doing he he sets me back on the ground with his normal facial expression. "Don't get any ideas," he scoffs. I smile but don't stay anything.

We walk to the door of the wolves, hoping it won't kill us...