Chapter 21 • the game part 2

Out of the dust, a hero walks up to me. His eyes glow in the dark, his hair the combination of silver and green. "Amory?" I ask, confused.

This is the villain simulation. He can't be here!

"How did you get here?" I ask, but I have a defensive tone in my voice. The way he looks at me shows me there isn't a mistake. His eyes are unreadable, but his face is an annoyed look with a bit of anger? He glares at me.

He stands before me, not a sign of attacking. I glance at the portal. "Whatever," I mutter and quickly want to go past him, but Amory grips me by the wrist, stopping me from going to the portal. "Amory, I need to go there!"
"You won't make it," he simply says. I snatch my wrist from his grip, and suddenly, Amory gets blown away. "There is a jetpack for situations like this, go quickly," says Dai. "Will you be okay?"
"Yes, just go!"

I nod my head and run down to the next building. The jetpack isn't hard to find, and I quickly do it around me. I look at the portal that slowly is disappearing. "You have 43 seconds left," says Botan. He runs up to me, secures the bag, and presses on a button. Flames are coming out of the machine.

I feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins. I shoot up in the air, and the pressure changes so fast that I can't see or do anything.

Here we go!

I looked down for the last time, with a view over the city. Then everything becomes black. But the sensation I've felt before isn't here now.

"[Name]"

A voice echoes through the space. A man floats before me. The aura around him is calm. It feels right around him. His black locks of hair with green highlights float out of his face, revealing the most calm yet handsome face I've ever laid eyes on. But it's just for a split second that I see him before I fall again and land on something hard.

Where am I?

I look around, but everything is pitch-black. I take off the jetpack and walk around. The environment changes. There is a party with well-dressed people. There plays music, but it sounds far away. I turn around, seeing myself in a beautiful dress walking around, searching for Chikao.

She stops and watches heartbroken at the Chikao, kissing another girl. A young village girl, normal, innocent.
I take a few steps back, feeling the pain in my chest as the other me feels. She tries to control her tears and walks out of the party. But the environment doesn't change. I see Reo, the ancestor of Zyrian, watching the two of them as well. He has a villainous angry look on his face:
Betrayal.

My surroundings change on the roof of a building. Stars shine bright in the nightsky. I see Reo, Chikao, and myself. I stood on the side, not looking at both of them while Reo scolded Chikao. "Are you going to betray us for a village girl?"he says, angry. "No, Reo. I would never, she doesn't know  about the kidnapping of the children, "replies Chikao, his expression is cold. "What if she does? Then we're done for! We need those children, Chikao. We need more supervillains in this world, and the best way to get that is that they need to grow up like one!" He yells. Chikao doesn't say anything and looks down. "You need to choose," Reo suddenly said. "Us or your innocent girlfriend."
Chikao looks up at him and answers him dead in the eye. "Amber."

My other self looks away, still trying to hold back her sadness. "So this is how it will be? You are betraying us." With one quick move, Reo stabs Chikao in the heart. "No!"she yells out. Her hands before her mouth. Chikao glares at Reo and leaves out a few coughs. Time seemed to have stopped as Reo pulled out the knife, and Chikao fell dead on the ground. Then he turns to the other me. "It's better this way. We finish what we started," he says. The other me doesn't answer as she looks horrified at the body of the person she threw everything away for.
After a couple of minutes of silence, Reo scoffs. He walks up to me and holds my shoulders. "[Name], look at me. He is dead. We are going to finish or purpose, "he says to the other me. Her eyes flash from sadness to rage.

"Drop dead," she mutters angrily. She frees herself from Reo's grip before ripping off a part of her dress, which she has pants underneath. She pulls a dagger from her sleeve half as long as a sword. Reo is processing what's happening, but it's too late as the other me already grabs his neck and flies with a strong speed to one of the buildings in herain City. Crashing him into a building, the stoned structure doesn't hold and collapses with Reo inside.

Reo flies out of it and looks at me angrily. "You too?! How pathetic, "he scolds the other me. His eyes flash red before blowing me away. He grips her neck while he flies up and pushes her against the side of a building. Scraping her back, with burning wounds, which is soon covered in blood. She holds her dagger and stabs Reo in his shoulder. He curses and releases the other me as he backs away. His white cloth covered in his own blood. "This is your fault, Reo! You did this to me, "the other me yells out. Her voice was full of pain and rage. She kicked him in the stomach and dragged Reo in the air to the mountain. The other me wants to throw him against the pointy rocks that stock out of the mountain, but before he can release him, he grabs her arm and turns around.

The shock is clearly seen on the face, as one of the sharp points stabs my other self in the back, right through her shoulder. Reo grabs my hair and pulls her out, with a hole in her chest. Blood is covering her mouth. Her strength was completely gone, knowing it was over for her. Reo was stronger than her now. He punches her in the stomach so hard she flies backward through the entrance of the temple.

That's where the games are held, but then 100 years ago...

Dust flies everywhere, and the other me lies on her side, blood spilling out of her wounds. She lies in her own puddle of blood. Reo lands on the ground a couple of feet before her. "I could end you, [name] to spare you the pain. But you will escape your punishment, I'm just going to wait here till you bleed to death. The last thing you will ever see is my face. " he smirks, but before he can come true to his words, a figure walks out of the temple. A young man, a superhero.

I recognize him as the old, last superhero from the present. But then he is way younger. "Enough." The superhero pulls his arm up, controlling the lightning in the clouds. "This none of your business, hero!" Yells Reo. "This is my temple, everything what happens here is my bussines", says the superhero. He walks up to them, and soon, the two begin to fight, while the other me tries to breathe and to stay alive while he's bleeding to death. It's is unimaginable pain, from the outside and inside, not just that. I feel regret, regret I lived my life like this, that I switched sides without second thought.

When Reo grabs the superhero, he forces him on the ground, slowly choking him. The other me takes all her strength and takes the dagger she has in her hand, pulls herself up and runs to Reo. She stabs him in the back of his neck. Blood spills on his clothes before his body drops lifelessly on the ground.

I see myself die as she collapses. She's still trying to get air inside, but she can't. The superhero bends over her and tills her head on his lap, examining her situation. "If you had one wish? What would it be?"he asks.

I already know what she's gonna say.

"To s-start all o-over a-again," she stutters out. And she exhales her last breath. "Done." Says the superhero before everything turns black once again.

I feel overwhelmed through emotions, like just feeling nothing and everything at the same time. It makes me go crazy.

Gravity takes over me, and I get spit out the black hole.

Right back into Herain City...

___________________________________

Hi there!

This chapter is way longer than the others, so enjoy! Now I have vacation, and chapters of every book will come faster.

Thanks for the support ❤️
Have a nice day/night 👋