Chapter 5

I and Dai walk home, he still has his grip on my wrist. I don't say a word, I don't dare to. After a couple of minutes of walking his expression is still angry but has softened.

We come by his house, we walk in. Somehow I suspected he would go to his father to accuse me of betraying him, which isn't true. I glance at Dai, waiting for his accusation but instead, he just sighs and goes upstairs to his room without saying a single word to his family. Was it me or had he a sadness in his eyes? "[Name]- San, you hungry. Yes?", Jun says with a big smile on her face. I look at Botan with a worried expression. He just ignores it and I go eat dinner with the rest of Dai's family.

I can't help but think about Kallan and Barak. Heroes... when I was at home I thought they were just stories, that didn't exist. I never thought people had the heart to save people without getting paid. It makes me realize how harsh my world is. I close my eyes and slowly drift to sleep.

"[Name]-Sama! What do you think you're doing?!" A voice yelled behind me. I turned around, offended by his harsh words. A slim figure with a half-naked chest and Japanese-like clothing stand before me. He is way taller than me, and he has black hair yet his face is blurry. "Ah! Chikao, you know best how much I enjoy this. Stop bothering me, I'm not in the mood for your negative behavior!", I said annoyed. The young man, 'Chikao', has an annoyed expression, I may not see his face but I can feel it. "Besides, look!" I pointed at the city. "We're winning!" "Let me give you this advice, FirePetal!" He grabs my shoulders and I turn to him. "Think about this in your next life if you even have one: never cheer too soon." I pushed his hands brutally away and hissed. "If we fail and I get a second choice, I will remember that. Now leave!"
Then the children's song plays again, echoing through my head and everything turns black.

My eyes snap open, I'm sweating and it feels like I run a marathon. What for a dream was that? I've never seen someone else in my dreams. Ugh... why am I so arrogant in my dreams, so unlike me.

I walk to the kitchen and see Botan. "[Name]-San! Just in time, I wanted to work further on our project", he says. "Sure." We walk to the basement back to the 'base'. I open the door and see someone unexpected. A young man with black hair on his shoulders, and black clothing underneath. He gives me a little smile as I come in. He has a muscular body. "This is Ryan, he is going to escort us and help us with the project as well." "I see, nice to meet you", I say. Somehow I'm kind of disappointed, I honestly thought that it was only me and Botan. Ryan isn't another villain now, is he? "The honor is mine", replies Ryan. He is very attractive, not gonna lie.

I do as much as I can, one of them is computer work. We still have to stay under the radar of course. I hiss as I get slowly angry at this weird computer. "I will be right back", says Botan. He walks back upstairs, leaving me and Ryan alone. "You need help?" He asks. "No, thanks. I will figure this thing out." I'm so focused on the computer, I don't realize that Ryan is behind me. "You've met Barak, didn't you?" I freeze, his voice seems so sadistic, reminds me of Dai when he was mad. Ryan's breath touches my neck. "I-I-I...yes." My voice shakes hard. "I see..." I suddenly get up in a flash. "I need to go to the bathroom, excuse me", I smile nervously. Just as I want to go I get pinned against the wall. Ryan's eyes see bloody red. Wait... red... does this mean he has powers..? "Where did you find Barak?" Ryan's voice is low. My heart is pounding with fear, his body Is so close to mine. Is he going to kill me?! "R-Ryan, what a-are you doing?" I stutter. Ryan's eyes pierce into mine, full of anger and madness. The red shade disappears and turns back to his normally brown eyes. Ryan lets go of me and goes a few steps back. "Sorry! I didn't mean to. It's just... I can't control it", he utters. "What was that, Ryan? What just happened?" I ask. My legs still shaking, and my hands trembling. If I didn't know better, I knew for sure he would've killed me. "I... I can't explain it. I barely know what happened. The only thing that I wanted to know was-" "Am I interrupting?", asks Botan. "No, not at all," utters Ryan and goes back to what he was previously doing.

Jesus... what a character change. First a villain of madness than an innocent guy. "[Name]-San, Damian is waiting for you in the car." "Why?" I ask. "You need to get some stuff, he can drive." I nod my head and head to the stairs. Just before closing the door, I hear Botan say: "Ryan, we need to talk."

I take my coat and go outside where a black car waits for me. I go sit on the passenger seat next to Damian. He starts the car and we begin to drive to the city. "You probably need this", Damian says handing me a paper with things we need to buy. "Of course", I mumble. "What is it like up there?" Asks Damian. "Up there?" "Other Dimension." "Oh..." I smile and look outside the window. "It's... the same. Only without any superpowers", I explain. "We don't have superpowers, I'm afraid. Only regular powers", says Damian with a smile. "What so you mean, isn't that the same?", I ask. "No, only SUPERheroes and SUPERvillains have SUPERpowers. But that was in the past", He says. "Oh, they don't exist anymore then?" "No, maybe although there is a rumor that one superhero is left even if it's true. He doesn't come to save people, never shows himself, you know, like in the past." I nod my head in understanding. "Would you be scared if he would show up when you're doing villain stuff?" I ask. Surprisingly, I feel comfortable with Damian. "No, obviously not. If he would show up. He would probably be an old man with a beard from 10 feet", he laughs. I giggle as well.

"So believe when I say that we have nothing to fear."

___________________________________

Hello there

I wanted to publish this sooner but I'm having a confusing week. So take care of yourself and have a nice day! 🙂