Chapter 8

"[Name]-sama?" "[Name]-sama!" "WAKE UP!"

My eyes snap open. No song, no storylines, no images. What is happening? Nobody killed or did anything, but why did my dream feel so dark?

I turn up the radio in the kitchen. "I'm gonna make some cookies for Damian! I need to thank him after all for saving my life." I turn up the oven while I put some eggs in a bowl. There is a funny melody on the radio. My hips begin to swing to the beat and my feet begin to move. This world doesn't have the same music as mine but not bad! I hum the chorus after hearing it a couple of times. Yet I still can't be too loud because the family is still sleeping.
Dai walks into the room. "Good morning, Dai!" I say. I can't help but smile widely at the annoyed birdman. "What are you doing?", he asks. "Baking cookies, Damian saved my life the other day. I wanted to thank him." "If I haven't caught you last night you probably would be dead as well", he utters. Is that jealousy? No. He can't, he doesn't care about me, and he wants probably some cookies...

"Oh... yeah. I honestly forgot about that", I smile awkwardly. "Don't worry, you can get the half and Damian the other." "It's not about the cookies! How could you forget so easily that I saved your life as well?" "Are you... jealous?" "No! I'm not..." Dai's cheeks turn a shade of pink. "Would you like to help me?" I ask holding up the sugar. "I don't have time." "Come on, please? I promise it will be fun", I say. "No." I glance at him as he walks away. "Too bad."

After I finished the cookies with a thank you note, I put them in a red box. "Done!" I look at the clock. I worked on it for almost 2 hours! I take the box and go to Damian's room. I knock on his door. "Damian?" There is no answer. I open the door and see that he isn't in his room. His room is large with a balcony as well. His room has a large bed, on the side, there is a wardrobe and there is no decoration at all. I put the box on his bed. "Why does this feel familiar?", I think out loud.

My eyes wander to the window with a view in the direction of the city. I see the skylines, and the sun that shines, and suddenly Kallan pops up in my head. He crashed into a building!

I run out of Damian's room leave the box and go outside. I can't go to the city, it's way too far on foot! I curse under my breath as I look defeated at the ground. Will Kallan be alright? Suddenly a car drives upon the driveway. It's a dark-colored jeep and a familiar figure steps out. It's Noah! "Oh, hey", he says. "Have you seen Damian?" "I think he left", I reply. "Oh, what a shame. I guess a should go back then,", says Noah with a sigh. "Hey, uhm, if you're going back is there any chance you drive past a hospital?" I ask. "Why?", asks Noah confused. "Kallan got hurt in a fight, I want to know if he's okay." Noah chuckles softly. I blush. Wow... his smile is beautiful! "Kallan, the hero, right?" "Yes!" "Therefore you have to SHS, you won't find him in a regular one."
"Why not?" Noah closes the door of his car and turns to me. "I guess he would rather die of his fangirls than of his wounds", he chuckles. "We need to protect them from those people, they know no limits, they can easily break in, kidnap, and more horrible things that I do not like to talk about. That's why we bring them to SHS so heroes can heal peacefully", his face gives off a sad expression. "Oh", I sigh disappointedly. "Well, I guess that's a very good reason..." Noah thinks and then gives me a cheesy grin. "But I guess I can make an exception..." My face lights up. "You want to do that for me?" "Sure, there is one thing that I do not completely understand though. Why does a villain minion want to check up on a hero?"

Noah looks confused at me waiting for an answer. Jeez... what do I have to answer that question. Yet an idea comes up in my mind. "Why does a secret agent meet with a villain?" Noah grins, finding it amusing. "Good reply, but you won't get me."

Fail...

"But I guess we both have our reasons. Get in!", he says opening the door.

No fail! Yes!

I get in the car with Noah, but I have to have a blindfold on. For security reasons, he claimed. I hope Kallan is ok...

"We're here." I put off my blindfold and look around. We seem to be in a large underground garage. I get out and follow Noah. The next room is full of people, however, it's different. They have all uncomment clothing, some have powers others just talk to each other. They all are heroes, aren't they?

One of the many heroes watches me when I follow Noah. It's a guy with white hair and green highlights. His purple eyes pierce into my back. His arms are folded, resting on his chest. He looks really angry in a kind of terrifying way. I ignore the male and go to Kallan's room, hoping that he is alright.

"Kallan?" The blue-haired hero lies on a white bed. But he looks good, with no wounds, and seems to have no pain. He smiles when he sees me. "How are you?" I ask. "I'm fine. Sweet of you to come to visit me though." "He is almost healed, tomorrow he can go back to doing his job", says Noah.

Kallan stands up. "I want to grab some food, you going with me?" "Sure!" After I said thanks to Noah, which brings me back home when he was done, I follow Kallan to the cafeteria. "Honestly, when I saw you crashed into that building I thought you wouldn't survive", I tell him. "It takes way more than that to kill me", replies Kallan chuckling. "Don't you have broken rips or something, most people I know would be dead, or at least in a way worse shape?" "Our powers allow us to heal much faster and can't hurt as easily", Kallan takes a piece of cake off the counter and hands me one as well. "I wish I had such power to do that", I mumble. "Having powers is not always fun if you ask me", he replies. "Mouth open", commands Kallan when he holds a piece of chocolate cake. Without question or thinking open in confusion my mouth. Wait... is Kallan feeding me?? I feel my heart making a jump when I bite off a bit of the piece.

"You!" A voice echoes through the whole cafeteria making everyone quiet. I look at the way of harsh yelling voice which leads me to the silver-green-haired hero who glared at me half an hour ago. He walks to me and just stops a few feet away. "Minions like you do not belong here with the heroes!"

I could feel fear rising in me. How did he know?!

____________________________________

Hey there!

I'm sorry, I had such a busy week that I forgot to publish this chapter a couple of days ago. But here it is, the next chapter will be on time!

Have a nice day/night!