Chapter 18

I walk with Damian and Dai to the main square. There are long tables filled with all kinds of food and drinks. Everything is decorated, and there hang soft lights that are beautiful in the night sky.

It's very fancy, in here.

Everyone has his best clothes on and talks to each other. I spot Barak he stands beside an older male, which I assume is his father. His father looks stern, not gonna lie. I look around if I see any other familiar people.
The next one I see is Kallan standing by the table choosing a drink. However, I see Ryan nowhere.

"Attention, please!"yells Shannon as she stands on a higher platform. "Is everyone here?"

"Then the dance can begin! One of the children of the elders can with a chosen partner to the traditional dance."

Not everyone immediately begins, and I decide in the hope that nobody chooses me to get a drink. I look at the large table, red drinks, blue drinks, and yellow drinks.

Smells weird...

I decided to for the red drink. Just as I bring the cup to my lips, a voice disturbs me. "I wouldn't drink that if I were you," says Barak. "Why?" "It's very heavy," he replies.
"Heavy? What does that mean?"It means as soon as you drink that you will probably collapse," Barak says with a smile. "Oh..."
I carefully put down the drink. "I would ask you to dance with me..."

"But?"
"But..." Barak eyes glance at his father. He glares at us. "Your father. Does he hate me?" I ask. Barak doesn't reply but gives me a sad smile. "He is very old-fashioned."

Shannon walks to Dai. "You don't look like a very social person," she says. "I manage," replies Dai with a cold tone. "Maybe I can help you," she says. Her voice is seductive as her eyes glance to the middle of the square. "I already have someone to help me," says Dai shortly and leaves.

"You probably should choose someone else then. It's for the best you keep your father happy, "I say. "Well, actually, a villain and a hero could be a good match. There will be a thought of peace, "he says. "I'm not a villain," I chuckle. "No, but you are their minion."
"Yeah... I guess I am, "I mumble.

I think back to how I leave tomorrow. But no, I need to enjoy this!

Before I can say something, Dai stands next to me. "Would you mind?" He says. He grabs my hand and glares at Barak.."You know our rules. Talk don't touch, "he says with a hint of a threat in his voice. Barak frowns as Dai leads me to the square. I mouth a quick 'sorry' to Barak.

Everyone seems to have a partner. We stand in a circle, I stand next to the other ladies in the middle side while the males are on the outside of the circle. The music starts, and I try to remember the dance Ryan had teached me.

First, the music goes slow, and I move my arms on the rhythm. "You know the dance?" Says Dai, surprised. "Yes, Ryan teached me. You didn't even care to tell me. I need to thank him later. Otherwise, I would stand here as a crazy thanks to you, "I mock him. Dai doesn't reply, but I can see a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Don't look happy, I don't find it funny at all!"
Dai just grins at me. The rhythm goes faster. Me and Dai hook in, dancing together on the music. "I would have liked to see that," he suddenly says. I roll my eyes, annoyed.

"We need to switch." "Wait what??" Suddenly, Dai dissapears to the girl next to me, and I am greeted with another guy. First, I'm surprised, but I faslty get to know what is happening. I switched a couple of times, and I got the hang of it.

I switch again, and suddenly, the music seems to fade away as I see who my next partner is.

Z-Zyrian??

Our hands touch and time seems to go way slower. Background fades away, and our eyes meet. His yellow eyes staring upon mine.

"[Name], was it?" He asks.

Zyrian's voice sounds playful, yet there is something scary in it. "Y-yes," I stutter. I could slap myself for stuttering in front of him. "Hmm..."
His eyes look up and down at me, studying my movements. "Your dress... it represents the Tanaki family. However, I've never known a villain minion without powers, "says his sadistic voice.

How did he know?!

I spin around, but before we switch, Zyrian grabs my wrist. He spins me around again, not knowing why he suddenly changed the dance. I see that the man that I'm supposed to dance next with skipped me because of Zyrians' move. "W-what are you d-doing?"
"Perhaps you'd  like to dance with me a little longer," he speaks.

I glance at Botan, which has a stern, untrusted stare at Zyrian. After all, it was pretty clear what he did. Everyone is watching.

"How did you know?" I ask. "Your moves are rather clumsy and disoriented. Someone with powers can use them to correct them, "he replies. "Why would they want you? Perhaps for more... personal reasons." I look down at the ground.

"Which world do you come from, [name]?"

I stop dancing, and so does he. He's still holding my wrist tight, not planning to let me go. I've never felt so uncomfortable in my entire life.

Botan stands up from his throne, but before he can do something, the old superhero stops him. "Zyrian, we spoke clearly of the rules," galms his voice. The music stops. People stare at us. Zyrian releases my wrist and looks coldy behind him. I'm frozen, not sure what to do. I just wait for what happens next.

Damian walks up to us and gives me a slight, supporting push away. "Don't mind me," his low voice says to Zyrian as he takes me away.

And I breathed out the breath that holded back. But I can still feel Zyrians eyes follow me...