36. Familiar Settings.

Start from the beginning

I smiled but deep down I was petrified, excited and scared at the prospect of reuniting with my family after all these years.

I had this nagging feeling of them hating me for what I did to them. I still don't even have the courage to pick up the phone and call them and say a word before quickly hanging up the phone.

I took the twins knowing Dante needed to get ready for work which meant I had to get them ready for Dante to take them to work as he wanted.

As Dante prepared for work, I took charge of getting the twins ready, knowing he wanted to bring them along. With efficient haste, I helped them shower, served them breakfast, and bid them a fond farewell as they set off to work together, their excitement very much evident.

Once they were on their way, I turned my attention to packing for our trip, but my efforts were interrupted by Mavis, who appeared at the door with suitcases in hand, brimming with excitement to join us on our adventure. I had asked her to come along, as I couldn't imagine going back home without my best friend by my side plus the twins would be devastated.

"I'm so excited!" Mavis exclaimed, her smile infectious and filled with anticipation.

Her joy was contagious, and I chuckled as she shared her excitement about leaving behind a stressful job to embrace a happier life with a wonderful job and a beautiful home awaiting her. Her bravery in leaving behind a broke past and choosing happiness was truly admirable.

Mavis grinned excitedly and said, "Not only am I going to no longer suffer from a stressful job but live happily with a great job and a fancy house!" Her eyes sparkled with enthusiasm, clearly relishing the positive changes in her life.

"I'm still unable to believe you ran away from your home back with such a great husband all because of that psychotic freak. Thankfully, all of this is over, and we all can go back to living our lives," Mavis continued as if she had gone through hell with Catherine as well, her smile widening as she looked around.

"Where are the twins?" she asked.

"They are with their father at work," I answered.

"I'm happy the twins are reunited with their father; he's a great dad," she praised Dante.

"I know," I responded.

"What's wrong? Are you still worried about your family? They'll be so happy to see you, Avelyn. Cheer up," Mavis tried to assure.

"I'm just scared and anxious. I'm going back into the same environment," my heart raced just thinking about it.

"Understand why you might be feeling apprehensive, Avelyn. But remember, you are stronger than you think, and facing your fears head-on will only make you grow stronger. As you return to your family and familiar surroundings, try to focus on the positive aspects of your reunion. The twins being with their loving father and family is undoubtedly a source of comfort for you, and Dante's presence will provide a supportive foundation."

After Mavis' comforting words and Dante's unwavering support, I mustered the courage to finish packing my belongings. The two hours seemed to fly by, filled with a mix of emotions as I prepared to return to my family.

As the last item found its place in my suitcase, I took a deep breath, knowing that this was a crucial step in embracing the next chapter of my life.

Very soon after, Dante and the twins returned home, and the joy in his eyes upon seeing me ready to go filled me with a sense of reassurance. With a warm smile, he enveloped me in a comforting hug.

The time had come to reunite with my loved ones, and I knew that Dante's presence would provide a supportive foundation during this transition.

"Are you ready to go, love?" Dante asked.

I nodded my head with a small smile playing on my lips. "Yes, I am," I replied, feeling a lot less anxious with him by my side.

Dante then pulled me into his arms, and with a surge of affection, he passionately kissed me. The intensity of his kiss made my heart flutter with love and excitement.

"Let's go, baby girl," Dante whispered tenderly, using one of his endearing nicknames for me.

With our bags securely placed in his car, soon, we all got into the car and drove to the airport, where Dante's private plane was waiting to take us to New York.

The flight was quiet, but the excitement in the air was notable. I glanced at the twins, and Dante interacted with them, making them feel at ease. It was heartwarming to see the family come together, but my nerves still lingered as we approached our destination.

As we arrived at the airport, a mix of emotions washed over me. It had been years since I last set foot in this place, and the memories of my past escape came rushing back.

The bustling atmosphere reminded me of that fateful day when I had run away, seeking solace in an unknown country. Yet, this time, things were different; I wasn't alone. Dante stood steadfastly by my side, and the twins and Mavis surrounded us, their excited chatter acting as a soothing balm to my nerves.

Dante held me from the waist, his touch comforting as he whispered in my ear, "Are you okay?"

"A little anxious but I'm fine," I replied honestly, grateful for his support. His gentle kiss on my head reassured me that everything would be alright.

The twins and Mavis were busy gawking around at everything. I glanced around looking at the familiar settings.

"Our family is not here?"

Dante's eyes sparkled with a mix of affection and eagerness. "No, I told them I had no luck in finding you and that I'd be coming home tomorrow. I wanted to surprise them," he replied, his voice filled with warmth and anticipation of our upcoming reunion.

"I'm a little anxious about someone recognizing me, and the news reporting that the world-renowned billionaire is back with his wife and possibly kids, while our family sees it. That wouldn't be a surprise either," I confessed, sharing my concerns with Dante.

He chuckled affectionately, wrapping his arms around me. "That's why I made sure we arrived close to dusk and had our own private exit to ensure your and our twins' privacy. However, you understand that soon everyone will know about your reappearance in my life as my wife, along with our kids," Dante reassured me, understanding the inevitable exposure.

I nodded in understanding, grateful for his thoughtfulness in safeguarding our privacy.

Our things were loaded into Dante car before we went onto another journey. I placed Aiden on my lap and fed him while Ava was in Dante's lap while he fed her. He loved feeding them especially with whatever they wanted.

The scenic countryside rolled by outside the car window, the landscape transforming into a serene haven. With every mile that passed, my heart pounded in anticipation of the emotional reunion that awaited us.

As we approached the estate's majestic gates, I felt a surge of emotions. The past and present intertwined, and I realized that this visit wasn't just about surprising my family; it was about reclaiming my place in their hearts and embracing the love that had always been there.

With Dante's hand firmly holding mine, I stepped out of the car, feeling the weight of the past slipping away as we made our way inside the familiar estate and security team that lead us in.

Summoning my courage, I stepped out of the car with Dante, Mavis, and the kids, entering the grand mansion. The twins and Mavis were in awe, their eyes wide with wonder at the magnificent surroundings.

As we made our way inside, the doors opened to a guard who greeted us warmly, though his eyes widened with surprise upon seeing me and the babies in Dante's arms. However, his smile soon brightened, seemingly recognizing who I was.

"Dante, you didn't tell us you—" Dante's mom words were cut short as Dante's parents, Natalie and Dixon, along with my own parents, Hannah and Oliver, halted in their tracks. Their eyes widened, taking in the unexpected scene before them.

Their gaze shifted back and forth between me and the twins, who were just as curious, staring at their grandparents.

"Avelyn?"

*****************

Remember to leave a comment and vote down❣️