"What is happening here?" I heard a voice and thought it was only happening in my head. It was Jaden's voice, but I couldn't open my eyes because I believed it wasn't reality. Maybe I was dead and was hearing his voice in hallucinations, so I thought until my ears heard a sickening crack followed by a bloodcurdling scream from Celine.

My eyes opened wide, and right in my eyes, I saw my savior. I saw Jaden, controlled by his vampire beast, send punches directly at Celine's face with one hand while the other gripped her neck and raised her above the floor.

"How dare you?" He roared like a lion and flung her hard to the other end of the wall—so hard that I heard the sickening crack of her bone.

"Joy... Joy... Joy... ..look at me. Can you see me? I'm taking you for treatment now. Tell me you are not going to die. Just blink." I was hearing the other guy that came with Jaden. He had quickly rushed to Joy, his eyes brimmed with emotion as he held her in his arms, tugging her to wake.

He must be Jake, Jaden's friend. Wow, I never thought he was truly in love with her. The tone of his voice was really filled with affection.

"We have to leave now!" He shouted at Jaden as he carried Joy in his arms. 

"You better run away from me, because whenever I see you again, I'll make sure I end what I started!" He warned dangerously at Celine, whose face was already bathed in blood from his punches. She also had cuts at different parts, gushing out blood too.

I was in pain but couldn't feel much as I stared, awestruck. Jaden just beat up his fellow vampire for me.

She coughed and tried sitting up, but he kicked her head hard once again, forcing her back to the floor.

"That's for manipulating me!" He spat at her and hurried to where I lay.

As soon as our eyes met, the raging fire of anger in his eyes melted, and he let out a reassuring smile.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and pecked my cheek before lifting me up in his arms in a bridal way while I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"The wolves are coming!" He hissed, and Jake went over to the window, pulled down the curtain, and frowned when he saw the iron bars, but Jaden held me with one hand and used the other to strike powerful blows that detached the iron from its hinges.

We all jumped out, and it was then that I lost consciousness and everything blacked out.

Lucas's POV

Once again, just as always, I sat on my throne, magnificent and high above others, with a pure gold crown on my head and my scepter held firmly in my right hand.

Different men from several parts of the world were gathered. While some came to offer their gifts of solidarity, others came to inform me of how my investments were growing and vasting across the world.

My name is Lucas, the last royal Lycan and the most powerful being on earth, and that explains why these people are gathered here from their different packs, covens, kingdoms, and caves to bow and worship me, representing whatever place they came from.

There are werewolves, vampires, witches, elves, dragons, and other mystical beings all sitting as subjects before me. As old as I was becoming, not a single one of them, even if they gathered together, could attempt to defeat my Lycan kingdom, even though we weren't more than a thousand in total. I was invincible.

I had lived for many years, and I knew within me that my time was drawing close, even though I don't look old at all. I was declining inwardly, and it was becoming too late for me to find an heir. 

My heart had always been troubled. The pain and sadness of having no successor ate deep into my bone marrows, and I was becoming grumpier and gloomier, always in anger and killing without restraint.

It hurts me each day that passes, and I had to be reminded that I would leave this earth without anyone to take over. I don't know what will become of the Lycan kingdom when I die. I was sure all these people gathered here who dread me and act loyal would turn against my people, and there would be bloodshed in the fight over who would sit on this throne.

The fear that my people would be in constant war to protect themselves was giving me sleepless nights. I was invincible and admired by everyone, but I was cursed never to have a child. It was something I had done everything possible to revoke, but to no avail.

The hope and faith I had that one day I would have a child were becoming bleaker and fading before my eyes as it dawned on me that my end was approaching faster with no woman having my child.

Years ago, before I stopped, I'd transform into a werewolf, Vampire, Dragon, Wizard, or even elf, just to know if in any of these forms I would have a baby with their kind since it seemed my Lycan form wasn't working, but it all ended to nothing.

The last one I did before stopping was in my vampire form, which I disguised into. I was on my way to a vampire kingdom, but I met a shewolf on the way since I mistakenly threaded through the werewolf's path. A very beautiful lady with pretty eyes that captured my attention.

What attracted me to her most was the way she treated me, even after knowing I was a vampire. I don't like to talk or think about all that went on between us because it makes me feel strange.

Never in my life had I longed for or cherished any woman, but this lady unlocked that part of my heart with everything about her in just the two days that we stayed together. She was like a light to my heart, a rare diamond covered in ashes. 

I learned she was a hunter who should be killing Vampires that crossed their boundary, but she broke the law for me.

It was a two-day memory between us, but my brain couldn't push it away.

My heart warmed in her presence, and in her arms I felt solace, forgetting who I really was.

That passionate night, we had sex, and the feelings were so overwhelming that I was forced to tell her I was actually a king in disguise, exposing a powerful and royal scent to her, but I didn't tell her I was the Lycan king.

We promised to tell each other everything about our lives the next day, including our names and where we live, but she never showed up again. She vanished, and I couldn't find her till today.