A World Torn Apart

Round and round the wonderful things, oh, wonderful things, enchanting bright,
Over the sorrows' mournful strings, the pitiful things, they weep their plight.
Amidst the life's beautiful rings, the typical things, they take the flight,
A glimmer sparks within the night, they twinkle bright, the darkest light.

"Just hold him still for a minute!" shouted Ryun. "I need him to stay in one place to aim."

"That's easier said than done." Guy, along with Velzard and Rain, got blasted away again. An intense battle that carried the fate of the world was underway, but there was no way to determine the outcome as of yet. 

Seeing as the attempts to restrain Rimuru in one place were all futile, Ryun decided to change the plan. "Tch. I need to risk it another way. GUY! It's time for plan B." The sealing device, which looked like a hi-tech gun from science fiction, quickly shrank itself and changed form. It now covered the fist of the bearer like a glove. Ryun charged up the device in his hand and launched towards Rimuru. 

"You idiot, what are you doing!?" shouted Guy. "You realize how risky it is? If you happen to die here, we won't be able to seal Rimuru anymore."

"Yeah, I realize that. But at this rate, we won't last long enough for it to happen anyway. If I am able to make direct contact with Rimuru, there's no need to restrain him for long, so it's better. Everyone, support me!"

Using thought communication and thought acceleration, he explained to everyone what he had to do in an instant. Taking that into account, Guy formulated a plan.

Next moment- Velgrynd, Rudra, Diablo and Zegion attacked Rimuru all at once, with Veldora and Chloe as support. Everything happened in suspended world. Even though Ryun wasn't a digital life form or possessed any skill to move in time stop himself, Guy allowed him to share his skill through soul corridor to let him move temporarily. He had learned to do that by observing Rimuru over the millennia. 

"We got him!" shouted Chloe.

"Good. Now I just have to make contact for 5 sec-"

Snap snap bang

As soon as the device touched him, Rimuru struggled to maintain his form for an instant. It felt like the device would succeed, but 2 seconds later, he vanished. 

"Huh? Where did he-"

"Behind you!"

"Ack!"

Rimuru appeared right behind him, and had his hand 2 inches away from Ryun's heart. 

"If he dies we have no way to activate the seal!" shouted Guy. 

slash

Ryun looked around and saw himself in one piece. "I-I am alive!?" A brown hand carried him by his waist, away from danger.

"Kuahahaha, indeed. You are safe." 

"Good job, Veldora," commended Guy. "Now let's regroup and try it again."

*

Tears welled up in my eyes. "S-Shizu!" I exclaimed. "I-Is that really you?"

"Yes, Rimuru," she said with a smile. "It's good to see you after all this time. But, why do you look so grim and terrified? Did something happen to you?" she asked in a worried voice as she gently helped me get up on my feet.

"Yes, the thing is-" I wanted to explain everything to her, from the beginning. But somehow, I couldn't even muster the courage to do so. Moreover, is that really the best thing to talk about right now? "Well, I am fine. It's just that, some things had been weighing on me lately, but it's nothing for you to worry about." I spoke, in order to elevate her worries.