The Unreal Dragon

Today is a beautiful day. The weather is sweet and calming. A soft breeze blows gently, carrying the sweet aroma of the beautiful flowerbeds nearby. The melodious birds singing to their heart's content, sitting on the branches of the tree above me as if singing in an orchestra. The beautiful Dal Lake spread miles across in front of me, swarmed by duck-like monsters of various species and tourists from all over Tempest, quietly enjoying a pleasing boat ride.

As I was sitting there, relaxing under a tree, I noticed a bunch of kids gleefully running around. As soon as they caught sight of me, they waved their hands in the air, trying to get my attention. I simply smiled and waved back, and the kids happily resumed their game once again.

It sure is peaceful.

<Yes master. It sure is. But you don't have much time to be lying around like this. The Festival is just in seven days and you are going to get really busy soon receiving all the guests and doing other formalities.>

Speaking of which, when is the next group coming?

<Let's see. Next up on the schedule is... Oh, It's Leon, Chloe and a guest they are bringing.>

So it's finally time. 

I said with a smirk.

<Yes master. You should get ready to 'receive' the guests properly> 

It's been quite a few years since Chloe went to Leon's place. 

<Yes master. She had never been there for this long before.>

That's right. If I remember correctly the reason she told me about that was... 

<It had something to do with the otherworlder who spawned in El Dorado recently. Seems like it is someone who both Leon and Chloe know from their previous life, so they are bringing them here as a guest.> 

Ah right. She did say something along those lines. And if I remember correctly, they are going to bring her along to meet me.

<Master, it seems as if they have arrived.>

*

Chloe rushed towards me, shouting, "Rimuru!" and hugged me.

"So how was your time away, Chloe?" I asked, hugging her back. "Did you have fun?" 

"It was amazing! First off we..."

And so, Chloe began recounting everything she was up to in the last few years until she got interrupted with a polite cough.

"Ahem."

"Ah sorry, I got carried away. Rimuru, this is Linda. She used to attend the same school as us and was one year ahead of Leon" Chloe introduced.

"So this is- Hello, Linda. Nice to meet you" I greeted her.

Linda responded politely, saying, "Hello there. As Chloe-chan just said, I am an otherworlder acquainted with both her and Leon. To be honest, even after so many years of me staying in this world, I am still having trouble adjusting to it"

"That's understandable, especially since this world has reached a new level of weirdness in the last few millennia" I commented, to which chiming in, Chloe said "All thanks to a certain slime and his wonderful ideas."

Seeing this, Linda said teasingly, "Heh you two are really close, aren't you?" 

Startled by the sudden remark, Chloe retorted at once, "W-whatever do you mean! As I told you Rimuru is friendly with everyone, not just me."