Chapter Three

The day started with a text message from Ines, "There is a surprise waiting outside, also don't forget your signing this morning ( it's a pretty big deal )"

Valerie felt all of a sudden energetic as she threw on her black Nike hoodie and joggers to match, knowing that she would have to change into the famous Barcelona top when she arrived for the signing.

Nevertheless, Valerie felt excitement grow within her as she left her complex to see a white Cupra Formentor. The license plate was personalised for her, 'VW10' meaning her initials and player number. For her entire footballing career, Valerie had played as an attacking midfielder in the right.

"I could get used to this..." Valerie whispered to herself as she threw her sports bag into the passenger seat and started the engine, Ines had sent the directions to the camp that the woman strictly followed.

As she neared an intersection, Valerie had the right of way so she pulled forward, simultaneously a car like hers but black accelerated and sped in front of her car, causing Valerie to brake suddenly and her breathing stop for a moment.

Until rage quickly took over and the blonde beeped her horn angrily at the car ahead, who paid no attention speeding in the same direction that she coincidentally was going.

Valerie watched as the car pulled into the Sant Joan parking lot calmly, and before the blonde could think rationally, she pulled up alongside the black Cupra similar to hers.

The blonde waited behind the black car until the mystery driver finally got out. Throughout her life, Valerie had seen lots of beautiful women, but this awful, nicely-dress, put-together stranger topped them all, despite her despicable driving.

As the woman finally took notice of Valerie stood there, "Oh, ¿quieres un autógrafo?" (Oh, you want an autograph?)

But by the shocked look on Valerie's face made the woman grimace, "Do you...want an autograph?" She spoke in broken English, which made the blonde let out a small grin, then reminding herself that she was supposed to be angry.

"Actually no, I'd like to know where you learnt to drive?! Mars?" The sudden outburst of the slightly taller woman made Alexia's jaw drop and eyes narrow intimidatingly, which made Valerie gulp. But not in fear, or so she tried to delude herself.

"I don't speak English, sorry." The woman then strutted past Valerie, shoving her shoulder slightly which made the blonde even more redder in anger if possible.

The woman was so angry that she failed to notice the woman dressed in training kit for Barcelona.

"You just did!" By the time Valerie shouted that, the mystery woman was out of sight as she entered the building on Sant Joan.

The blonde let out a grunt before grabbing her phone from inside the car as well as her sports bag, as she checked the time, Valerie paled at the fact it was five minutes till the signing and she was no where to be seen.

Rushing towards the building, Valerie once again failed to notice the bright and bold license plate on the mystery stranger's car.

"AP11"

After Valerie had taken pictures for the media and made it public that she was the newest team member of FC Barcelona, it was time for questions to answer for the press alongside Jonatan.

The blonde made herself comfortable in the seat besides Jonatan Giráldez, wearing her new shirt. She was proud of the Barcelona crest on her chest, for some reason she felt more pride surge through her than Arsenal.

"Are you ready?" The coach asked his new player with a smile, to which she reciprocated with a nod, "I also brought along your captain, but she has yet to arrive... There is still time."

Valerie thought nothing of it when the door at the back of the room opened, neither did she when the reporters in the room began to clamour towards the source of the noise, too entranced by the loose thread on her joggers to look over.

"Hola," Valerie looked up curiously, to see a blonde with her hair down falling by her sides, dressed in the Barcelona training kit. Her face was already red, as if she had already trained, "Fan?"

The blonde didn't have long to realise what the stranger said, until her eyes widened and her jaw went slack, "You?!" Valerie said without much awareness to her surroundings, catching the attention of everyone in the room curious to make a story out of the two already, "Alien?" Speaking quieter this time.

"Me? An alien?"

"You got your driving license on mars, didn't you?" Valerie pointed accusingly, until her finger was pushed down by Jonatan who smiled forcedly who was unaware of the rising tension between his two players, signalling that the conference was about to begin.

The English athlete couldn't fight the urge to roll her eyes when she felt the captain sit down beside her, their legs brushing together for a moment or so before the Catalonian pulled her leg away too quickly.

"Hola me asocio con su capitana, Alexia Putellas. Además de nuestro nuevo fichaje del club, Valerie Williamson." (Hello I am joined with your captain, Alexia Putellas. As well as our newest signing to the club, Valerie Williamson.) Jonatan introduced, noticing how Valerie side-eyed the captain once hearing her name.

Alexia Putellas... Valerie thought about the name in her head before taking a sip of water, enemy number one.

It had been ten minutes into non-stop questions about why Jonatan thinks Valerie was good enough, until a question asked finally piqued her interest.

"Alexia, do you believe Valerie has what it takes to play for Barcelona? Nevertheless, in midfield beside you?"

Valerie sat back staring at the captain's side profile, though Alexia never looked towards her as she sipped on her drink then cleared her throat.

"If Jona picked her, then there has to be good reason. I'll be the one who can really decide if she's up to Barca standards," Alexia then turned her head slightly to acknowledge the woman who was staring her down, "Or not."

As the questions were fired at the trio for another ten minutes, Valerie couldn't help but replay how Alexia was already doubting her performance, she saw how the captain looked at her as if she were chewing gum on the bottom of her shoe.

So far, Valerie couldn't think of anything worse than to play alongside Alexia Putellas.

That damn alien.