25

"Hi." I finally spit out. 

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.  

Why the fuck are they here?

Johnny forced a smile, while his eyes were filled with fear. 

Twobit took about five minutes to calm himself down enough to stop laughing hysterically. 

God, I felt like I could throw up. 

"What are you guys doing.... here?" I swallowed hard. 

My heart was beating so fast.  

"...well, Darry had just realized that you snuck out of Ponyboy's window.... and you weren't in fact sleeping.... so he sent me and Twobit to go find you...." Johnny trailed off, as he scratched the back of his head. 

He stood there awkwardly waiting for a response. 

"It's not what it looks like..." I tried to defend Dallas and I. 

Dallas maintained a calm demeanor, as a small smirk curled at the corners of his lips. 

Twobit started laughing again. 

"Sureeeee," Twobit chuckled, "then why is there both of your clothes scattered around the room?"

Oh shit.  

"I told her that her clothes would look better on the floor, man." Dallas shrugged. 

He did not just fucking say that.   

"Dallas!" I scolded him, wacking him in the middle of his chest. 

"I need a cigarette." Dallas spoke softly, before Johnny quickly walked over. 

He handed it to Dallas after lighting it, before quickly walking back over by the door. 

"I can't fucking believe this!" Twobit erupted with laughter. 

He jumped around the room. 

"You.... and Dallas, no fucking way! Never in a million years would I have thought that one out!!" He cheered out.  

This is so fucking embarrassing.  

I ran both of my hands over my face. 

"What time even is it?" I groaned. 

"About 9:30 pm." Johnny spoke quietly. 

His eyes blinked slowly. 

I don't think Johnny knew really what to think of the situation. 

"Now what?" Dallas asked, taking a long drag from his cigarette, "You woke us up for nothing."

Dallas leaned over me, placing the cigarette between my lips, so I could take a quick puff. 

"Now, we are to bring you back. Bring you back to, the Curtis, of course. " Twobits eyes bounced between Dallas and I, as his terrible attempt to sound serious didn't work. 

"Can't you just tell him I'm alright?" I rolled my eyes. 

"He told us to bring you back." Johnny chimed in. 

Damn it. 

Twobit began giggling again. 

"Will you stop laughing? We didn't do anything." I scolded Twobit. 

Twobit narrowed his eyes at me playfully. 

"That's why it smells like sex in here.  Because nothing happened?" Twobit joked, raising his eye brows at us.