the camera pt 2

"but don't forget about that night out in l.a."
-taylor swift, the very first night

y/n's pov

after showing mo and mckenna walkers message, they insisted on doing my hair, makeup and choosing my outfit. we had all went to my house so they could help me since we only had an hour.

"oh my god i don't know why that took him all week! can we come to spy? you won't even notice us!" momona said digging in my closet.

"yesss!" kenna said brushing my hair.

"absolutely not! i love you guys but imagine if i showed up to your date- or whatever this is to spy on you." i said curling my eyelashes. "any luck with finding me an outfit? we're going to the beach so i need a matching swimsuit to whatever your picking."

"that would have been nice to know beforehand y/n. at least let us drop you off and/or pick you up? i need to be the first to hear about my best friends first date!" momona begged. i rolled my eyes and agreed while i finished my makeup and went to change my clothes.

"you look great! let me touch up your hair a little bit then we're good to go! y/n i am SO excited for you! are you guys just gonna swim?" kenn asked putting a tiny braid in my hair.

"i'm not really sure, i guess i'll find out." i said grabbing my bag. "you guys ready?"

"yeah let's go!" momona said grabbing her as we all walked outside.

time skip cuz i'm lazy 😜

"ok thanks for driving me, i'm gonna go find walker, i'll text you when to pick me up. bye guys!!" i said closing the door and heading towards the beach when i see walker.

"hey!" i said walking up to him. "how are you?" i said giving him an awkward half hug.

"i'm good, you?" he said.

"i'm good, but i'm kinda hungry, would it be cool is we stopped at cvs and got some snacks really quick before we swim?" i asked.

"yeah yeah for sure!" he said looking nervous. this was a bad idea. we walked into the cvs right across the street and started looking around.

"look, they have polaroid cameras! i didn't know they sold these!" i said dragging walker over to the cameras. "anyways" i said putting back the pink camera i grabbed. "i'm gonna go get some candy or something, could you grab us something to drink?"

"sure!" walker said looking away. i pictured this going a lot better but i'm just going to wait and see what happens. i grabbed a bag of chips and some gummy worms and went to go meet walker at the register.

"what did you get?" i asked him as it was already in the bag.

"i just got some coke, is that okay with you?" he asked.

"yeah that's great!" i said as walker grabbed the bags and we walked out. "uh i brought a blanket we can set up if you want, we could just chill for a little bit, and talk?"

"yeah whatever you want, by the way i so you looking at this so i just decided to-" he said pulling a polaroid camera and some film out from one of the bags.