Part 34

Hey guys back with another update....happy reading!!!

DISCLAIMER : It's a pretty LONG part, you might get bored or might leave it half way through if you don't like long updates. Or you could read it in parts !!!

CONTINUATION

'KARAN' It was Monami's voice and it came from her room and the two looked at each other in shock and fear, both the men raced to her room in the next second.

MONAMI'S ROOM

Monami jolted awake from her nap screaming out Karan's name, feeling suffocated and restless. The moment she hit the bed tiredness had overtaken her and she had fallen asleep, but that nap was all interrupted due to her horrendous yet vivid nightmare. 

She vaguely remembered the nightmare; it was similar to the one she had had the morning of Param's barsi. But this time not only was Karan shot but Param was shot as well. What had scared her the most was the fact that Karan had been shot in front of her eyes and she couldn't save him despite a medical kit being at her disposal. The thought of not being able to save him and bhaiya despite being a doctor gnawed at her. 

She tried to get her breathing rhythmic but couldn't, she had fisted the blanket tightly in her hands. Her eyes still confused as she tried to make sense of the situation or rather nightmare she had. Tears slipping down in streams of salty rivulets from her hazel eyes. 

'Monami' she heard her name being called out in a panic and concerned voice, but it still soothed her ears it was soft and gentle.

She felt a dip on the bed besides her, someone had sat beside her she registered an arm wrapped around her shoulders and pulled her gently into a hug. Her body hit another body a lean chest;  her head rested over it she heard a soft pulsating sound...it was a heart beating below the soft multiple layers of tissues and muscles; her hand unconsciously reached over to that specific place splaying her fingers as if trying to feel the heartbeat once reassured it was a heartbeat, she clutched the soft material tightly.

Karan felt Monami, fisting onto his t-shirt he looked at Dr. Mahajan in slight panic but the latter just gave him an encouraging look that meant she'll be fine. He called her out again softly in order to gain her attention and it did work as she looked at him. Her eyes still spilling tears; fear and confusion clouded in her eyes. 

'Kya hua Rani Saheba? Koi bura sapna dekha tumne?' he asked her softly cupping her cheeks.

As soon as the words left his mouth he saw her snap out of her hazy reverie her eyes cleared out of the confusion and panic took over. 

'Kar..Karan tum theek hona tumhe kuch hua toh nahi na?' she asked him her hands feverishly roaming over his body and face checking for any injuries.

'Mai theek hu Monami, kuch nahi hua hai mujhe.' he told her softly holding both her hands in his. 'Koi bura sapna dekha tumne?' she nodded her head slightly. 

'You want to talk about it?' he asked her gently rubbing his thumbs softly over the back of her hands. 

'Woh woh maine...maine dekha ki...' she wandered off again into her thoughts. 

Dr. Mahajan who had exited the room to get a glass off water re-entered the room, 'Monami beta le lo paani peeyo.' he said handing her the glass of water; she took the glass with trembling hands and drowned it in one go. 

'Dheere Monami, slowly nahito you will choke on the water.' Dr. Mahajan reprimanded in concern for his daughter. Monami returned the glass back 'Thank you papa.'

'Ab agar bata sakti hu yaa batana chahti ho toh batau kya hua? Dr. Mahajan said sitting in front of Monami and taking his right hand into his and gently caressing it in encouragement. Her other hand clutching Karan's tightly who continued to rub his thumb on the back of her hand in order to sooth her.