Ch. 17: Who Is She?

!TW: Death! (More like talking about someone death)

POV: Y/N

A few weeks have passed. The factory was mostly cleaned up but there was still little bits of glitter every now and then.

Tomorrow was going to be a meeting for the second part of the project.

You were looking around Wally's desk for some regular paper. Most of the papers were documents and you couldn't use them as drawing paper. You also looked in Wally's desk drawers. Inside one of the drawers you found all the draws you gave to Wally. In another drawer you found files and other work papers. But you also found a picture. The glass on the picture was slightly cracked. The picture was of a woman in a lab coat and the ID card said 'Wally Darling's Assistant''.

Who was this woman and why did Wally have a picture of her?

You decided to keep the picture and show it to Wally when he came back from the Infirmary.

You walked back to your fort with the picture. You put the picture next to you and sat there waiting for Wally to come back. Today he wasn't going to be in the lab so you get to spend time with him.

After a few minutes Wally came back into his office with a wrap on his wrist. He walked to his desk and sat down. He noticed some of him papers were moved around. He looked at you.

"Were you looking for more paper darling?" He asked you.

You nodded your head and looked away.

"Yea.. I was." You told him.

Wally sighed and took out some blank paper out of the file cabinet.

"Here you go. Just don't go through my desk again." Wally told you and held out the papers to you.

You walked over to Wally and took the papers.

"Okay. Thank you for the papers!" You said and walked back to your fort.

You put down the papers to remember about the picture. You picked it up and looked at it again. Then you looked at Wally.

"Father.. can I ask you something?" You told him.

Wally nodded his head and you walked over to him with the picture.

You showed him the picture.

"Who is she?" You asked him.

Wally looked at the picture and then looked away. He took a deep breath and looked back at you.

"T-that was one of my assistants and also a good friend of mine." Wally said you could see the slightest bit of blush on him.

"Where is she now? Does she still work with you?" You asked him.

Wally looked back at picture.

"She is.. um gone..." Wally said.

You looked at Wally a bit confused.

"Gone? What happened to her?" You asked him.

"She.. died of an unknown cause." Wally told you.

He looked away. He kinda didn't want to talk about it.

"Oh..okay then." You told him and went back to your fort.