Ch. 8: Almost Home?

POV: Y/N

You were sitting on Wally's lap even after the lady left. While Wally was reading the files you were asking him about the test subjects.

"Why do you need these test subjects? What are they for?" You asked Wally.

Wally was still looking at the file "These test subjects are for a project I'm planning to do."

Then Wally was once again considering on the files.You looked down at the papers and tried to read what it said. Even if you were a 5 yr old still knew how to read because of the amount of words there are in the factory.

You soon got bored of sitting and reading files so you went back to your fort. You sat in the fort and started drawing again. You looked at Wally.

"Father when are we going to go back home?" You asked him.

Wally looked at you and checked the time. It was already 8:30 pm.

"Right after I finish these paper. Okay?" Wally said.

You nodded and went back to drawing. It was really late when Wally finished the papers. He put the papers in the cabinet behind him and looked at you.

"Come on let's go home now." He said as he got out of his chair.

Wally went over to the door and opened it. You stood up and ran over to the door and walked out. Wally walked out behind you and locked the office door. Most of the workers were at home by now so it was really quiet.

On your way to the exit Wally locked everything up. Soon you and Wally got out of the Factory from the exit door. Wally picked you up and started to walk back home.

While walking back home you felt really tired after a lot day of doing nothing but drawing. Wally looked at you and noticed that you were getting tired.

"Well will be home soon." He said quietly.

You somehow managed not to fall asleep yet. Then you got home and Wally carried you to your bed. He laid you down and cover you with your blanket before walking up to the door.

"Good night" He said as he walked out of your room.

He closed the door behind him and walked to his own room. Soon you fell asleep.