"Do you have my money?"

"Yeah, I've got every inch of it. Wanna come look?"

Violet doesn't entertain his words. She looks to Andrew, and he immediately goes to the trunk of the car and pulls out a duffle bag. Andrew begins to count the money.

"Now, where is she?"

Violet takes a step to the side. "You mean here?"

Gael eyes lock on to mine. "Leilani." He goes up to me–

I freeze in place when Violet plants a gun to my head and another gun is pointed at the back of Gael's head by Andrew.

"Down pretty boy." Violet coos.

Gael kneels and shoots her a glare. "You said you'd let go of her if I gave you the money."

"Oh, did I say that? I must have gottens my words mixed up."

"Fuck you."

"Ah Gael, you really thought I'd keep my promise. How naive of you. But love does make men do stupid things." She giggles like it's funny.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Gael says, eyeing me. "My love for Leilani has really made me soft." He winks at me and I don't understand until it hits me. Gael wants me to distract her.

As Gael and Violet engage in their tense conversation, I seize the opportunity to inch forward, a glimmer of hope guiding my movements. The stakes are high, and I know I must act swiftly if there's any chance of turning the tides in our favor.

Suddenly, a voice cuts through the air like a whip, freezing me in place. "Hey, what the fuck are you doing?" Andrew's menacing tone sends a chill down my spine as he points his gun directly at me. Panic surges through me, but I refuse to succumb to fear.

In that split second, our plan is set into motion. Gael, swift and decisive, reacts to the imminent danger and moves, taking Andrews' attention off me. I push Violet so hard that she falls hard and the hun falls out of her hands. Gael takes a hold of the gun. With precision, he fires rounds at Andrew, the deafening sound reverberating through the air.

Chaos erupts as the shots ring out, filling the compound with a symphony of danger. In the midst of the chaos, I find my voice, my instincts taking over. "Quick, get in the car!" He shouts.

Gael and I move in sync, sprinting towards the waiting car. We slide into the vehicle, hearts pounding, and swiftly lock the doors, shutting out the pandemonium that engulfs us. We catch our breaths, adrenaline coursing through our veins, I glance at Gael.

"Drive!"

I accelerate through the compound, gunfire erupts around us. Bullets whiz past the car, shattering the tranquility of the air. Fear courses through my veins, but determination fuels my every move. We can't afford to falter now.

The sound of bullets ricocheting off metal is deafening, but I refuse to be deterred. With gritted teeth and steely determination, I navigate the treacherous path, weaving through the chaos as the gangs continue their relentless pursuit.

In this dangerous dance, every twist and turn is a calculated risk. The adrenaline surges through me, heightening my senses as I push the car to its limits. My focus narrows to a singular point – escape.

The gangs continue to fire, their desperation evident in each shot. I veer sharply, swerving the car in a calculated move. The tires screech against the pavement as we narrowly avoid the onslaught of bullets. The wind whips through my hair, fueling the fire within me.

As we break free from the immediate danger, I steal a momentary glance at Gael. His eyes meet mine, a flicker of admiration dancing within them. "You look really hot as a getaway driver," he smirks, his voice filled with a mixture of teasing and genuine appreciation.

Rolling my eyes, I focus my attention back on the road. "Ugh, can you not? I'm trying to focus here!" I retort, unable to hide the slight flush that creeps onto my cheeks.

Driving with purpose, I push us to the limits of the car's capabilities, determined to find a place of safety where the gang can't find us. Every turn, every decision is made with calculated precision, ensuring that we leave no trace of our whereabouts.

Finally, we catch our breaths, the adrenaline still coursing through our veins, I take a moment to savor our triumph.

I reel back in shock as Gael grips my face tightly, his anger palpable. "What the hell, Leilani? I thought you were at your parents' place, but in the Thunder Dragons base," he seethes with concern.

Struggling to find my voice, I manage to gasp out an explanation. "I was, but then they came into my house, threatened me and my family," I respond, my words shaky and rushed.

Gael's grip tightens for a moment, his eyes searching mine for any sign of deception. The weight of his disappointment hangs heavy in the air. "I knew it was a mistake letting you out," he mutters, his voice laced with regret.

As the silence settles upon us, a sudden burst of gunshots shatters the stillness. Instinctively, we both hit the ground, seeking shelter from the chaos erupting around us. The sound of bullets whizzing through the air sends shivers down my spine.

Violet, Andrew, and the rest of the gang approach our car, determined to claim their revenge. The relentless onslaught of gunfire rattles my nerves, each shot a reminder of the danger that surrounds us.

"You know, I'm getting real sick and tired of this!" Gael goes to the backseat of the car. He rips out the backseat cushion and reveals a larger gun.

"Is that a?"

"Military grade rifle? Yeah."

I cover my ears, instinctively shielding myself from the deafening roar of Gael's rifle. The sound of gunfire fills the air as he swiftly takes down each member of the rival gang. Violet, a figure of vengeance, crumples to the ground with a gunshot wound to her neck. Andrew meets a similar fate, a bullet piercing his head. The chaos is abruptly silenced as the rest of their gang either falls or flees, disappearing into the shadows.

In the stillness that follows, I find myself in a surreal moment of clarity. The gravity of the situation crashes down upon me as I witness the carnage around me. Gael, stands amidst the aftermath of the violence he's unleashed. This is the kind of men he is before he met me.

Stunned, I take a step back, my eyes wide with a mix of fear and realization. The line between protector and monster blurs in this twist. As the silence settles, broken only by the distant wailing of police sirens, I catch the sound of Gael's labored breathing. He just took down people like it was nothing. And to I'm going back to his domain. He's just going to stick me up in a tower forever.

In that moment, a surge of conflicting emotions floods through me. The gun lies discarded on the passenger seat, tempting me with a twisted sense of justice. I reach for it, my hand trembling.

I point it at him.

But just as I'm about to make up my mind, Gael turns around and Instinctively, I retract my hand, concealing the gun from his view. His eyes meet mine, and a flicker of recognition dances in his gaze. "We should get going before the cops get here," Gael says, his voice calm yet tinged with urgency.

Nodding in agreement, I start the engine, pushing aside the thoughts of ever trying to kill him.

꧁꧂
thanks for reading. I wonder if Lei is ever gonna shoot Gael one day (maybe, maybe not 🤷🏽‍♀️)