06

"Kingsley?" I call out. I find myself wandering through the grand halls of the mansion, searching for any sign of Kingsley, the elusive butler who always seems to appear out of thin air. I've seen him in the kitchen, in the laundry room, and even in the corridors, but now he seems to have vanished without a trace.

My curiosity gets the better of me, and as I explore the halls, my eyes catch sight of an office tucked away in a corner. The door is slightly ajar, inviting me to take a peek inside. With a mixture of trepidation and excitement, I push the door open and step into the room.

The office is cluttered with stacks of papers, files, and various documents. A sense of intrigue washes over me as I realize that these papers may hold secrets and insights into the workings of this mysterious gang. I approach the desk cautiously, my fingers itching to uncover the hidden truths within the pages.

I begin sifting through the documents, my eyes scanning bill statements, letters, and other paperwork. The air is thick with anticipation, and each piece of paper I examine reveals a fragment of the gang's activities. It's a delicate dance between fascination and fear, as I tread on dangerous ground.

My heart pounds in my chest as I come across a newspaper article with a headline that reads, "Gang Terrorize New York." My eyes widen, absorbing the details of the article that paint a grim picture of the gang's activities. The realization of the danger I've immersed myself in sets in, sending shivers down my spine.

Lost in my exploration, I'm startled by a voice that pierces the silence of the room. "Looking through people's belongings is quite rude, don't you think?" I turn to see Kingsley standing at the door, his gaze fixed upon me with a mix of surprise and mild amusement.

My cheeks burn with embarrassment, and I quickly gather my composure.  "I... I apologize, Kingsley," I stammer, my voice barely above a whisper. "I was searching for you, and I didn't know where else to look."

Kingsley's expression softens, his eyes filled with a mixture of understanding and gentleness. He steps closer, his presence calming my racing heart. "Curiosity can be a powerful force," he says, his voice carrying a hint of wisdom. "But don't let it get you killed."

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Gael doesn't take too fond of people looking through his things. He has taken one of his members' lives because of that."

I wince, pushing the papers away from me. "I've been here for a day or two and I just learned Gael is a bigger asshole than I expected."

"What is it you want from me?"

"Gael needs you."

"Oh?" His eyes widened a bit. "I wasn't expecting Gael to get you to fetch me. He usually calls me." He shows me a phone that looks like an outdated version of the newest Iphone.

"Why wouldn't he send me if he can just call you?" I cross my arms, annoyed.

"It seems like he wanted you out of the room for a reason."

"Again, he's an asshole."

Kingsley smiles. "You go on ahead. I need to clean up this mess you made. I'll be there in a minute."

I watch Kingsley clean up the mess in front of me. He places back papers and letters in the right spot, carefully taking his time. I let out a sigh then made my way out of the office room. I find myself in the room where the meeting is taking place. I hear mumbling coming from the other side of the door, but instead of going in, my curiosity piqued once again, and  I find myself drawn to the closed door of the meeting room where the voices of the gang members emanate. A mixture of anxiety and intrigue fills me as I press my ear against the door, straining to catch any fragments of their conversation.