Chapter 2: Dead Silent

I spent the whole evening with Ethan. We ate as planned and he was so talkative the whole time we're together. He's a bit touchy, which I find very normal for a man his caliber. I know how he plays with girls and it's not new to me about the rumors on girls he beds and leave.

But hey, he's a nice a guy with a silver mouth. He knows his way with words. He knows how to play with words; he'll complement a person and that person will oblige to anything he wants. But that applies to most of the people around him but me.

He seems very eager to be with me even after giving him what he wants. My first ex-boyfriend taught me how guys can be very gentle like cats and vicious like tigers in just a drop of a hat. My first taught me everything about love and relationships. He taught me how to handle my emotions well and how I can be pacified with just a couple of affirming words. It even came to the point wherein I was gaslighted for feeling betrayed after he spent the night with another girl in a club with his friends.

Cliché, I know but I guess that's how guys and people date nowadays. You'll be a victim if you're too soft. You'll be left alone if you're out of their league. After the scandal that happened last year... I decided to be on the middle of those categories– I'm still the soft spoken Pristine but pickier this time. I can be within your reach, enough to pursue me or beyond anyone's reach at all.

It's fun... at least with this, I can clearly see people's intentions. I can give in if it's just flings, make out or sex but I swore that I would never let myself experience such excruciating pain again, where I came to the point that I prayed to God inside the shower to make the pain go away.

It was the kind of pain and betrayal that I won't be putting myself into again.

Some may say it's too much for a girl my age to handle, and to engage in sexual activity is beyond the line but who cares? This is how I protect my heart and sanity. Besides, I never claimed that I'm a saint.

I fixed myself as Ethan reclined the car seats back to its original position. His car reeks of sweat and steam given what we did after having dinner. A smile crept on his lips as he started the engine. I raised an eyebrow as I leaned on the window, staring at this playful guy.

"You're that happy huh?" I started and he chuckled before shaking his head.

"I can never get enough of you, Pristine." He answered in a deep voice, a trace of exhaustion is still present in his breathing.

"Well, you won't be seeing me for a long time, so you better make it count." I jokingly said and he immediately froze before leaning closer to me. "What?"

"You're leaving?"

"Uh... of course? I'm going to study in a university in Manila."

"Is that sure?" he pouted like a kid, and I laughed before pushing his face away from me.

"Yes, mister fck boy so if you don't mind, please drive now so I can go home."

"You're leaving me?" he gave me his doe-like eyes again.

"Ethan that won't work on me. I'm not like the other girls you play and leave. I'm playing your game here– don't fall."

"Ethan? What happened to 'baby', 'babe' and 'love'?"

This guy...

"Are you on drugs? Should I call the police?"

"You're too cold hearted for your name." he commented. He pouted like a kid again as he pulled the seatbelt beside me. "What if I court you for real?"