Chapter 76: Ban Victoria Johns!

Start from the beginning

Beside the car somewhere nearby, Arya witnessed what happened with her cold eyes. Her hand was still holding the paper Xavier had handed her.

"Master, this is the video they took. Take a look!" James passed his phone over and Xavier flicked his cigarette on the ashtray as he took it. Glancing at it, he then gave it to Arya beside him.

"Take a look."

Arya frowned as she grabbed it and saw a video of Becca talking.

"I didn't do it on purpose. I was triggered by Victoria! She told me that it was Arya who locked me up in the school toilet and even asked Mia to remove my name from the student council... That's why I... I've told you the truth. Please don't hurt me..."

"You had people..." Arya looked at him, startled.

"You use odd ways against odd people. Sometimes, it's better to be direct."

He took the phone back from Arya and gave it to James. After a brief moment of silence, he said,

"Send it to Ethan together with that thing."

James took his phone back and nodded. "Yes, Master!"

Arya looked at the battered-up Victoria. She seemed lost as Ava and the others tried to drag her out of the crowd. She suddenly lost interest in watching and felt tired, so she opened the car door and sat inside.

Xavier turned his head over when he heard the sound of the door close. When he saw she had her eyes closed and her hands resting on her forehead, his eyes darkened and there was worry nestled between his brows.

"Master, next up..." James mumbled quietly.

Xavier frowned as he threw the cigarette away and said, "You decide." He then opened the car door and sat inside as well.

"Start the car," Xavier told the driver in front as he got in. His eyes looked over at Arya beside him. She seemed a little sad, so after some thought, he asked,

"Are you worried about Father? Or Mother?"

He was always very observant, easily guessing what she thought.

She remained quiet after some time. Then, she took a deep breath and said in a bitter tone,

"I feel like many feelings seem to become insignificant when it comes to conflicts and grudges. Humans are really insignificant. It doesn't mean that problems will just disappear if you care less.

"I'm really afraid that the things I try to protect will all just turn into a ridiculous joke..."

On the way back to Maple Residence, she did not say anything at all and Xavier did not bother her. He just put a blanket over her when she got tired and slept as she leaned against the window.

It was late at night and there were fewer cars on the road. The shadows of the trees from the streetlights flashed past her face, appearing cold and depressing.

She could see her own fragility as she closed her eyes. She could also still feel the sadness as a lump in her throat. Opening her eyes, a little and looking at the cold drizzle outside, as well as the streetlights that passed by, her expression suddenly turned calm and tranquil.

She let out a light cough and pulled the blanket around her tightly. Her dry throat sounded awful and Xavier quickly got her a tissue.

"When I was 5, Father had just started working in the government office. Because of the shift in his work, there was a two-week break. He brought Mother and me to stay by the seaside," Arya grabbed the tissue from him and said quietly, her eyes filled with sadness.