Chapter Eight - Lay All Your Love On Me

|| Spoiler!! Those of you that haven't watched Polar yet, but are going to, shouldn't read this chapter!

When we were in his car again and stared driving, David asked me if I wanted to go to his place with him. After thinking about it and texting Lou, I'll be late, I agreed. His apartment was really nice decorated with huge paintings.

"Make yourself comfortable," he said. "I'll make myself some tea. Do you want anything?" he asked and I said I'd also like a cup of tea. As he walked into the kitchen, I took a closer look at the apartment. I discovered the bathroom and a bedroom. Obviously his. I almost immediately closed the door again. Privacy and stuff. "Feel free to look around." An amused voice appeared behind me. I turned on my heels to see David holding two cups in his hands.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"No no, it's fine," he ensured me.

"Okay." With that he went into the living room again and I followed him. He put down the cups, as I sat down, and sat down next to me.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked pointing at the TV.

"Sure."

He switched on the TV. "What do you want to watch?"

"How about Polar?" I asked him. "A friend of mine told me to watch it."

"Sure," he smiled.

We both didn't know what it was about, but as soon as we saw a gun in the first minute, we knew it most likely won't be a romance. And after an apparently rich man got horny to a young woman in a bikini, called Sindy and letting her give him a blow job, we immediately knew in what other direction this was going as well. And then suddenly, as expected, the same guy got shot several times by three contract killers.

"Well," David said. "That was a strong start, I'd say," he continued, turning to face me.

"Yeah...," I agreed. "Wait! Where do I know him from?" I speculated short after about the main character.

"He played a role in one of the Indiana Jones movies. Mads Mikkelsen, I believe his name is," David explained to me.

"Yeah, right."

We continued watching and to my amazement, the next couple minutes were actually quite relaxing, but only until the black kaiser accidentally shot his dog, he adopted literally the same day. The next scenes were not that special, just bloody and between the whole killing, there always appeared scenes of exotic dancers. Killing, dancing, killing, dancing, and so on. Until Sindy was with the black Kaiser and said: "You're cute for an older guy". I immediately thought about David. He was really cute for an older guy, but my thoughts about him were erased, when she continued, saying: "I said I'd never fuck anyone older than my dad", giving him a seductive look.

Throughout the movie I kept constantly looking at David. Sometimes I even forgot we were watching a movie, because I was so hypnotised by his appearance. I saw him coming closer every time I glanced over to him and when he was only an inch away from me I was fighting with the thought, wether I should lay my arm around him or attempt to cuddle with him or not. My love language was physical touch and I really needed someone to hold me close, but I know from experience that not everyone likes me being all touchy around them. I thought twice about it, when he put his arm behind me on the couch. It just felt right, so I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. Our legs were touching. David didn't seem to mind it at all, in fact he even put his arm around me and gently pulled me even closer. After a while I finally felt braver and put my arms around his waist and made myself even more comfortable. After a while, don't know why myself, we decided to lay down. My head was now resting on his chest and my arm was on his stomach. I counted every single heartbeat and listened to the air going through his lungs in an even rhythm. There was a warmth coming from David that made me feel like I'm home and his smell penetrated deeper into my nose than ever before.

When the movie was over, neither him nor I wanted to stand up. There was a peaceful, relaxing silence between us, in which I closed my eyes.

"Evan?" David said after a while, to which I responded with a tired 'hmm'. "It's already late," he continued.

"I don't want to go," I mumbled trying to look into his face without standing up.

"You could stay here if you like to," he said. "Or I could just drive you home and pick you up tomorrow night after work?"

"You decide." I was way too tired to think straight.

"Fine, you take my bed, I sleep on the couch," he said.

"Out of question," I said while he was trying to get up. He failed, since I was still on top of him. "Sorry," I said, while getting off of him and sitting up straight with a sight. "You take your bed and I take the couch!" David didn't respond, instead he went away and came back with a pillow and a blanket. "Thank you," I said, reaching out to take both but he just put the stuff down next to me. "I won't take your bed, David," I repeated myself.

"Fine," he responded and I was happy that he gave in, but suddenly he picked me up and carried me into his bedroom.

"What are you-" I tried to pull myself away but he was stronger than me.

He gently put me on his bed and turned on his heels to face the closet. "Let me see if I have some clothes for you," he said opening the closet door. After five minutes of him pulling out some clothes, looking at them and saying no to all of them, I stopped him.

"David. I'm not going to model in this outfit!"

"You're right." In the end, he gave me an oversized t-shirt and jogging trousers.

"Thank you." We looked at each other for a while, but when he didn't leave I had to say something. "Would you?" I asked, pointing at the door.

"Right." When he reached it, he turned to me again. "Good night," he said smiling and with that he closed the door behind him. I changed into his clothes, turned off the light and made myself comfortable in his soft bed. For me it was a mystery how he could literally pick me up with his thin arms. I didn't really weight much, but was obviously still pretty heavy.

Before I fell asleep, I took a closer look at his bedroom. There was a white closet, a TV, a big window and there were many family pictures. On his night desk was a picture of him and all of his children. This must have been taken not so long ago, since he held his baby daughter in his arms. Georgia wasn't on this picture. There was also a keyboard in one corner of the room. When I was a kid, I took piano lessons and was actually really good at it, but then I sadly stopped playing.

I woke up, because I heard someone enter the room. It could have only been David.

"Is everything okay, David?" I mumbled worried.

"Yeah, I just have some backache," he explained while laying down on the other side of the bed.

"Should I-"

"No, no. Stay. There is enough space for both of us," he said while making himself comfortable. "Don't worry. I will keep my hands to myself," he giggled. "But only if you keep yours to yourself as well."

"That's alright then," I responded. "Good night."

"Good night."