Trackstar Antelope Volume 10

Depuis le début

He just can't help being scary.

Chapter 77: It all comes Together

"Uhh... Hi Dom. I was off sick for a few days, but I'm feeling better now." I say as I put my books away in the locker behind him.

"Well, it's good to see you back at school. It's not really the same without you here" he says.

"Really? I didn't think anyone would notice me gone." I said. Maybe he's just saying that to make me feel more comfortable around him and the other carnivores, and he's hiding the fact that he knows about what happened with me and Riley.

"Yeah, it's great having you around. You're fun and always nice to talk to" he says. "Anyone in our year level would say the same"

Really? I always thought that a carnivore would see me as shy and not interested in getting to know them. But I guess the past few weeks have been a big change for me. Despite knowing that Riley bit me "by accident", I probably should avoid him for the time being, Like Mr. Jarman suggested. I guess this time; I'll be sitting with Ollie and Syd again.

"Hey Jamel!" I hear Erica call out as I made my way to where Ollie and Syd sit at lunch. "Today, when training is finished, I want you to stay behind, and we can confront Abe about what he did." She says. She sounds really determined to bring him down.

"Woah, Erica... I'm not gonna beat him up... even if I could. And I don't want you to either." I said. I think a fight between a bear and a fox would be pretty one-sided.

"Jamel, I told you: No one is beating anyone. I quite a bit to tell him... but after training, just stay behind, and I'll tell you what to do" she says. I guess things are really gonna heat up between Abe and me. From that point onwards, I'll need to watch my back around school. But if worse comes to worse, I could always tell a teacher, or even call the police if things are looking serious.

I eventually find Ollie and Syd, who are a bit surprised to see me. They probably don't know what happened yet. We talked about our classes, until Ollie had something surprising to tell us.

"Today, one of the carnivores told me that I had nice looking wool" Ollie said.

"Wow. How did you respond?" Syd asked her. Ollie is usually quiet and shy around carnivores, and sometimes even herbivores. She's slowly gaining trust and getting more comfortable as well, which is good for her.

"I just said thanks and I said that I liked his feathers" She replied. Syd and I are a bit underwhelmed, but not surprised. "I think his name was Blake, or something..."

"Blake? The eagle?" Syd blurts out. "He's in my drama class, the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Everyone's saying that he should be the School Captain when we're in Year 12."

"He is always seen around town helping out with volunteer work. You should definitely give him a chance. He's very easy to approach." I add.

"Maybe on Monday I could say hi to him... what's the worst that can happen?" Ollie says.

"Exactly. And birds like it when they're complimented, especially on their appearance, so you actually made him feel happy." I said.

"Wow. I didn't realise I was being that nice to him" she says while blushing a bit. When sheep blush, it's more noticeable, because their white wool makes it more distinct. I hope Ollie can break through her barriers, and eventually be able to comfortably be around other carnivores.

If she puts her mind to it, she can do anything.

Chapter 78: Conditioning the Carnivores

The afternoon breezed through quickly. Surprisingly, I didn't hear anyone talk about Riley and me, so everyone's either being really secretive about it, or no one's spreading the story.